UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mr Universe
8,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have got to page 60 or so in the book and so far apart from rubbishing easy gainers, vilifying aas users and saying how awesome hard gainers are over easy gainers cos they have to work harder and smarter innit, there is really very, very, very little to make me want to keep reading... theres no meat or potatoes or even a salad... whats with all the carping and harping on and on rehashing the same thing (often within a page) without giving out any useful information... except that easy gainers just dont understand *sob* and drugs are bad mmmkay, oh and hard gainers are awesome cos they are hard gainers innit... so far its really just rubbish, please tell me it gets better and actually offers more than just an advert for the book...

·
Ex-mod
4,744 Posts
You might as well since you've got it. :)

I totally agree, he's so pessimistic. He seems to think there's some huge physiological difference between so called easy-gainers and hard-gainers. The point is that you have to be analytical with your training, diet, indeed all influencing factors on whether you grow or not.

It's better to keep things as simple as possible to try and identify the weak links in your armoury as unfortunately if you are lacking in any one particular area it will act as the rate-limiting factor and you won't grow any quicker than this area allows. Not sleeping enough - that's that. Hydration issues - screwed. Overtraining - ouch. And so on. Keep watching every factor and try and spot your weaknesses and work on them. Do that and you'll grow.

·
5,257 Posts
Ive got 'build muscle, lose fat, feel great'. To be honest it almost put me off training and bored the fvck out of me. He makes it sound like it will be a long long long long journey before you will see any gains. There is some good info in there but I think anyone who was just starting out would be put off by him. He even goes on about training your eye muscles :confused1: Personally I couldnt give a toss if Im bog eyed as long as Im a big muscley cvnt.

·
Poor Spectacle Choice
7,306 Posts
God said:
Keep on going mate. I said exactly that the other day but it does pick up. I'm around half way through now and some of the training stuff is interesting. The first third is [email protected] though you're right. He just rewords the same thing over and over and over consisting of rubbishing drugs, easy gainers and harping on about the trap bar :D
I concour with his comments about trap bars.Using one for deadlifts, I found to be the most taxing,productive movement, especially if you use a platform, so you cant "rest" after every rep.the only issue is grip, forearm fatigue which was a problem, till i began using hooks.

·
Premium Member
17,863 Posts
ANGLIK said:
Ive got 'build muscle, lose fat, feel great'. To be honest it almost put me off training and bored the fvck out of me. He makes it sound like it will be a long long long long journey before you will see any gains. There is some good info in there but I think anyone who was just starting out would be put off by him. He even goes on about training your eye muscles :confused1: Personally I couldnt give a toss if Im bog eyed as long as Im a big muscley cvnt.
Training your EYE muscles??????? WTF!!! lol.

·
Poor Spectacle Choice
7,306 Posts
defdaz said:
You might as well since you've got it. :)

I totally agree, he's so pessimistic. He seems to think there's some huge physiological difference between so called easy-gainers and hard-gainers. The point is that you have to be analytical with your training, diet, indeed all influencing factors on whether you grow or not.

It's better to keep things as simple as possible to try and identify the weak links in your armoury as unfortunately if you are lacking in any one particular area it will act as the rate-limiting factor and you won't grow any quicker than this area allows. Not sleeping enough - that's that. Hydration issues - screwed. Overtraining - ouch. And so on. Keep watching every factor and try and spot your weaknesses and work on them. Do that and you'll grow.
Pessimistic or realistic? re your second point.There is a huge physiological difference between those who can add slabs of muscle readily and those that cant, he merely highlights this.Unless you want to be fooled by the marketers who promise gargatuan gains, which are totally unrealistic as long as you use a certain supplement.

·
Ex-mod
4,744 Posts
essexboy said:
Pessimistic or realistic? re your second point.There is a huge physiological difference between those who can add slabs of muscle readily and those that cant, he merely highlights this.Unless you want to be fooled by the marketers who promise gargatuan gains, which are totally unrealistic as long as you use a certain supplement.
You're talking to someone with a physiology degree mate. :tongue: I'll stand by what I say. I've helped lots of so called 'hard-gainers' pack on the mass by giving them good clean honest and most of all, simple advice. There are no 'secrets' to gaining muscle. Give the body a reason to grow, provide it with the nutrients, rest and time frame to do so and it will.

·
fuelled by MM5
1,191 Posts
essexboy said:
would agree but alot of us believe that the physiological difference is not genetic and ingrained but a maluable factor governed by past actions and current actions

either way those of us who think this way will make better gains - after all to quote henry ford

''if you think you can or you think you can not - you are probably right!''

·
fuelled by MM5
1,191 Posts
defdaz said:
You're talking to someone with a physiology degree mate. :tongue: I'll stand by what I say. I've helped lots of so called 'hard-gainers' pack on the mass by giving them good clean honest and most of all, simple advice. There are no 'secrets' to gaining muscle. Give the body a reason to grow, provide it with the nutrients, rest and time frame to do so and it will.
but I am a hard gainer :lol:

·
Mr Universe
8,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
essexboy said:
but thats my point its not highlighted per se, just repeated ad nauseum over and over and over and over and over and over... well you get my meaning, amidst diatribe where he tells us that all other systems promise the earth but are really rubbish cos its mine thats the best book and the one that WILL work for you innit... nearly every single book espousing a system says this and tbh it just makes his look hypocritical so far (still reading, havent given up yet :D )

God said:
Joking aside, it actually looks like an excellent exercise, it's just that he mentions it constantly, at least in the first half of the book.
just waded through a bit that had trap bar mentioned in every paragraph at least once... and a nice piccie of one too... :D

defdaz said:
True and thats what gets me about books like this... its the all other systems will fail you cos you cant gain except my one approach...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.