UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
would like to point out that he is great
9,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
without going into too much detail but the company i work for appears to be going a bit down the toilet, with morale being as low as any workplace I've ever worked in

at first we thought that the morale was only down in our department but a few people have started leaving in different departments and all are blaming mainly the morale

now what has happenned is a number of people appear to be getting stitched up (of which i am one) by higher levels of management to the extent where people are starting to think that they are going to get fitted up and sacked

is this happenning anywhere else? we're not sure if they are hoping that people leave or if they are just hoping for a rise out of people but it would be interesting to see if its just at our place?

a while ago there was a lot of backstabbing with people carving other people up to save teir own jobs, but now it seems to have switched and people are sticking up for people as opposed to trying to get people laid off (as was the case)

the people who are leaving are walking into jobs which helps a bit to be fair

·
Premium Member
16,442 Posts
Yeah, i left a company like that a couple of months ago.

Things just weren't what they used to be. Targets were tough to hit, sales were down, and off the back of all that morale was getting down too.

I started looking around and got offered 2 different jobs, one of which i'm in now where the basic salary is £13k a year more than i was on plus more commission. Just start looking mate, you're better off leaving than being pushed.

It's also much easier to look for a job while you're still in employment, imagine trying to explain the situation at your previous job to a prospective employer if you're out of work and looking for a new job. They'll think your some kind of quitter or that you were sh1t and got pushed out.

G

·
I've worked for a couple of companies where the atmosphere turned a bit sh!t. I left and got a better job - you don't need that kind of hassle! You spend most of your life at work, you may as well be somewhere you are happy.

·
would like to point out that he is great
9,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Harry Sacks said:
Easiest way to reduce your workforce and therefore outgoings is to get them to quit
yeah I thought this, it's also cheaper in terms of pay-off's if people leave, but the people who are leaving are not the ones who were identified by a lot of people as being spare, if that makes sense - ie they're a loss that'll have to be replaced somehow

Yeah, i left a company like that a couple of months ago.

Things just weren't what they used to be. Targets were tough to hit, sales were down, and off the back of all that morale was getting down too.

I started looking around and got offered 2 different jobs, one of which i'm in now where the basic salary is £13k a year more than i was on plus more commission. Just start looking mate, you're better off leaving than being pushed.

It's also much easier to look for a job while you're still in employment, imagine trying to explain the situation at your previous job to a prospective employer if you're out of work and looking for a new job. They'll think your some kind of quitter or that you were sh1t and got pushed out.
yeah totally agree about walking before being pushed, now that those people have walked into jobs people will start to look as I think a lot were still thinking there were no jobs going (apparantly they got jobs with the first agency they phoned)

but as mentioned they're in different departments to me, there doesn't look to be much going around here

the bad thing is whilst i'm not naive to think im the dogs bo**ocks I do know I'm a lot better then the way I'm gettign treated, and am getting pi55ed off with myself for gettign treated so badly

excuse the spelling there's a cat on my lap

·
Real men eat Pork Scratchings for protein!! 49.5g
646 Posts
If your not happy in your job then quite simply look for another. I think we as a nation hang in there until it gets nasty or resentful.

I would imagine the mamagement are being **** on from above too and their morale is low and as they say s..t falls down. I very much doubt its done on purpose, management just have bigger pressures and its reflecting in the way they are treating their staff which is not good.

·
The Good...
8,794 Posts
davetherave said:
without going into too much detail but the company i work for appears to be going a bit down the toilet, with morale being as low as any workplace I've ever worked in

at first we thought that the morale was only down in our department but a few people have started leaving in different departments and all are blaming mainly the morale

now what has happenned is a number of people appear to be getting stitched up (of which i am one) by higher levels of management to the extent where people are starting to think that they are going to get fitted up and sacked

is this happenning anywhere else? we're not sure if they are hoping that people leave or if they are just hoping for a rise out of people but it would be interesting to see if its just at our place?

a while ago there was a lot of backstabbing with people carving other people up to save teir own jobs, but now it seems to have switched and people are sticking up for people as opposed to trying to get people laid off (as was the case)

the people who are leaving are walking into jobs which helps a bit to be fair
YES. Worked at well known Mobile phone retailer for a while matey, I got stitched up big time.

Sounds like constructive dismissal and trust me once you have had it done to you, you will see when it happens or when someone else tries it on you.

·
Chasing 15 stone at 8% bf
2,661 Posts
Captain Hero said:
YES. Worked at well known Mobile phone retailer for a while matey, I got stitched up big time.

Sounds like constructive dismissal and trust me once you have had it done to you, you will see when it happens or when someone else tries it on you.
was that for phones4u mate?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.