UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
A little bit of pain doesn't hurt
Joined
·
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering because in the next few days (when the rain clears) I will be going down to my local track to be timed over 100m. I am doing this because I have always been quite fast and am curious as to how fast I am compared to club sprinters. I have told myself that if I get a sub 12 seconds run I will join my local athletics club. I have seen what times some local sprinters are running and it doesn't seem that fast (around 12 - 13 secs). My question is though, do you think its unatainable to to run that fast without any training ?
 

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
437 Posts
Yes naturally fast people can run under 11 seconds. I was timed at 11.2 on grass and I was third in my school rankings for the year, this was at 16 years old, no specific sprint training but a fair bit of rugby training, which did involve some explosive drills and sprint endurance. Good luck mate, keep us posted on how it goes. Ask Scott Dutch for some advice and tips, he's very clued on with sprint training!
 

·
Dance like nobodys watching....Fcuk like your bein
Joined
·
174 Posts
i have a freind who is naturally fast i swear. He had all the 100m records at school abd broke them every year.. he ran 11.2 seconds in 100 metres

I went with him to thrones park athletic club where he wanted to race some guy from clubs. He wore an away england top, and addidas shorts. Everyone else were in their sponsored vest and high shorts.

When he went to the start line he was just stood up till the whistle went, everyone else was in the professional position with their hands on the ground. He whoooped their ass and NEVER did any training....and his diet was crap also... but have been genetics
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
456 Posts
Good luck mate!! I used to run for exeter harriers, 12 flat for 100m and about 23.8ish i think for the 200m. I think ability may take you to 13-14 secs but to improve from there you need to train hard. Hill sprints are a good for increasing power in your running! Pratice your starts, use your nerves to your advantage, be almost aggressive when lining up!!

Loads of info on google for improving form!!
 

·
A little bit of pain doesn't hurt
Joined
·
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pira said:
Yes naturally fast people can run under 11 seconds. I was timed at 11.2 on grass and I was third in my school rankings for the year, this was at 16 years old, no specific sprint training but a fair bit of rugby training, which did involve some explosive drills and sprint endurance. Good luck mate, keep us posted on how it goes. Ask Scott Dutch for some advice and tips, he's very clued on with sprint training!
Well about a year ago a mate timed me on a rugby pitch and I run it in around 11 secs with rugby boots on (I trained only a couple of times with my local rugby club where I was a wing) so I am just hopeing he done it right lol.
 

·
A little bit of pain doesn't hurt
Joined
·
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
callingcard said:
Good luck mate!! I used to run for exeter harriers, 12 flat for 100m and about 23.8ish i think for the 200m. I think ability may take you to 13-14 secs but to improve from there you need to train hard. Hill sprints are a good for increasing power in your running! Pratice your starts, use your nerves to your advantage, be almost aggressive when lining up!!

Loads of info on google for improving form!!
Yea my form stincks atm. Also I have never ran out of blocks so I am guessing I will loose a bit of time untill I get up more vertical.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
456 Posts
You should'nt lose much time the first few try's but when you get it down they will probably assist in running faster!!! lift weights to strengthen glutes (the motor), torso (core) and shoulders (the driver) and you will improve your times...I guarantee it!!
 

·
A little bit of pain doesn't hurt
Joined
·
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
callingcard said:
You should'nt lose much time the first few try's but when you get it down they will probably assist in running faster!!! lift weights to strengthen glutes (the motor), torso (core) and shoulders (the driver) and you will improve your times...I guarantee it!!
I alredy do a lot of liftiing. Depending on if I join or not though, I will change my program to include power movements as opposed to just doing strength like I am doing now.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top