UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,436 Posts
I'm not too keen on the council, or gov't keeping an eye on my bank account tbh, but they are probably doing it to us already anyway. Not really bothered either way tbf.

·
Time to get hench!
734 Posts
LittleChris said:
What do people think of this?
No matter what they do mate, they'll still shaft us all for taxes and they'll keep putting it up and up. Even if they save 50% of wasted tax money, the general joe public won't see any benefits because IMO there all the same and just greedy g!ts.

That's my thoughts on it anyway bro! :whistling:

·
Getting HUGE!
1,393 Posts
This will only work if they are spending from a bank account / credit card where it can be tracked.

Anyone with any sense who is trying to dodge the system would then just get paid in cash (which they probably are already anyway) so they would never know!

·
Banned
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will101 said:
This will only work if they are spending from a bank account / credit card where it can be tracked.

Anyone with any sense who is trying to dodge the system would then just get paid in cash (which they probably are already anyway) so they would never know!
People get paid in cash, but most people then put money in accounts.

Not many people in this day and age store it under their bed.

I think it is a very good idea in theory, although how effective it will be in practice is another matter entirely.

Its about time the government was opened up fully to private enterprise, it never ceases to amaze me how ineffectual and poorly managed government departments are.

·
Getting HUGE!
1,393 Posts
I think people will stop putting it in accounts if they know their benefits might be affected!

Totally agree on the inefficiency thing. I have worked with a few councils in a commercial sense and even many of the people in them think they are a joke! I remember one that had 15 people in HR just to make sure they did not break any discrimination laws!!

Another one, Reading borough council were going to refresh part of their IT systems but the budget reported was double what any commercial company would charge!

·
Banned
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will101 said:
I think people will stop putting it in accounts if they know their benefits might be affected!

Totally agree on the inefficiency thing. I have worked with a few councils in a commercial sense and even many of the people in them think they are a joke! I remember one that had 15 people in HR just to make sure they did not break any discrimination laws!!

Another one, Reading borough council were going to refresh part of their IT systems but the budget reported was double what any commercial company would charge!
Here is another example, colleague at work was on a commercial board with the council.

They had 250,000 budget for the year to spent on redecorations. Instead of putting it out to tender and and giving a list of requirements, they chose the previous contractor from the year before and told them to use the money until it had run out.

You would laugh if it wasn't for the fact its tax payer's money :cursing:

·
Getting HUGE!
1,393 Posts
LittleChris said:
Here is another example, colleague at work was on a commercial board with the council.

They had 250,000 budget for the year to spent on redecorations. Instead of putting it out to tender and and giving a list of requirements, they chose the previous contractor from the year before and told them to use the money until it had run out.

You would laugh if it wasn't for the fact its tax payer's money :cursing:
I'm no expert on this but I have heard a lot of these deals being done. A lot of it is favours to mates and very incestuous (sp?!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.