UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I've tried using the search function but every thread where anyone has mentioned slin before comes up!

Just wondered if any experienced users could answer a few questions please as I know very little about.

Can you take it off cycle or is it best used when on gear?

When is the best time to take it, I've heard after workout, after a meal, 1st thing in the morn.... So which is it?

What dosage do you take in one go? I've read 10iu?

Is it best to take when on HGH or can it still be used alone?

Sorry I am a total noob when it comes to slin but I'm very intrested in using it but know it can be very dangerous if used incorrectly so wanted to find out all I can 1st

Thanks to anyone that can take time to a answer these questions.

·
Banned
10,291 Posts
jjmac said:
Can you take it off cycle or is it best used when on gear?

It has nothing to do with gear mate so can take it when on or off.

When is the best time to take it, I've heard after workout, after a meal, 1st thing in the morn.... So which is it?

Personally twice a day for me when I'm at my most needy, so with meal 2 and PWO meal (not pwo shake)

What dosage do you take in one go? I've read 10iu?

Best to start low with Slin and work up, can be a quick way to get fat! I'd start at 4ius 2x per day and work up to 8-10 max. 10g of carbs per 1iu of slin is rule of thumb afaik

Is it best to take when on HGH or can it still be used alone?

It is awesome with GH
All my answers refer to what I have done personally, with fast acting slin, humalog.

·
Looking Freaky
515 Posts
i take 7-8 i.u. humalog pre workout i then take karbolyn with aminos,glutamine creatine etc immediately.i consume a similar mix during workout and again post workout.milos sarcev recommends this type of protocol.I often have to have a couple of bananas during workout also.I've done this the past 3 weeks and am not taking any steroids.Gains so far 3kg and no visible fat gains.I don't take the slin at any other time.

·
Looking Freaky
515 Posts
one other thing.humalog is 100 i.u. per ml so on a slin pin 8 i.u. will be 0.08 on the gauge,i can see how a really careless person could get it wrong and take 10 times the dosage and get in real trouble.More is definitely not better with this stuff,if you're sensible it can be a useful tool,the early signs of slight hypo are obvious and you have plenty of time to counteract it by consuming more carbs.Start low and work up.

With pre workout method i use pump/fullness is fantastic

·
Banned
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers again lads this is all the exact sort of info I need,

Are there diffrent types of slin then? The two I can get are novorapid flexpen, and lantus pen, both contain 3ml at 100iu/ml, are these fast acting insulin?

·
Looking Freaky
515 Posts
I've only used the humalog which is very fast,novorapid is fast also,i think the lantus is slow,i've no experience of that.I have an endo/mesomorph type metabolism(slow)and from my research i understand that there is a danger of getting fat from slin use especially the slow stuff.On other threads i read that the slow stuff is best used by people with fast metabolisms(ecto)trying to gain weight.I don't know for certain if this is correct or not.

·
Newbie Trainer
30 Posts
Magic torch , when taking fast acting slin with PWO meal and other meals are you taking it before eating or after eating ? Thinking of using it with my PWO meal ( 40 mins ater training and PWO shake ) and maybe lunch , as i train in the morning . Thanks

·
Banned
10,291 Posts
bigjamesh said:
Magic torch , when taking fast acting slin with PWO meal and other meals are you taking it before eating or after eating ? Thinking of using it with my PWO meal ( 40 mins ater training and PWO shake ) and maybe lunch , as i train in the morning . Thanks
Right before mate, jab and eat right after

·
Banned
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One other thing, does insulin have to be refrigertated? If so I'd have to have my first jab with meal 1, or could I do it with my pre workout meal AND pwo meal?

·
trenbolone is cocacola for big boys
5,726 Posts
no mate only keep the unused vials in the fridge, once you start there fine in the warm.

i use slow at 20iu once a day and 5-10iu of fast twice a day.

·
EFBB Winner
3,382 Posts
maltodextrin is a useful carb source for the spike.

fast is definately better!

start off at 2iu, work up in 2iu increments to (about ) a 10iu max. it can screw you up badly, respect the stuff.

i had mixed memories of it all i remember was i stank to high-heaven of honey all the time!

·
Banned
716 Posts
Cheers again lads all really helpful answers, so my slin pen will be fine in my work bag, then bang 4iu after a meal around 10 o'clock, making sure there's at LEAST 40g carbs, then jab another 4iu about 5 or 10 min after my post workout meal, again making sure there are enough carbs.

Then gradually increase the doese by 1iu every few days untill I get to a dose of 8 to 10iu depending how I feel. Does this sound about right?

*obviously up the carbs by 10g per iu

·
EFBB Winner
3,382 Posts
yep.

try to avoid going to sleep within 3-4hours of a jab.

so if you get out of the gym at about 7pm, set yourself an 10-11pm bedtime, and have a small amount of oats or something before bed, like 20g or something trivial.

im pretty paranoid about this stuff

·
Banned
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Better to be safe tho mate, I think slin just has a really bad rep because people have abused or misused it. I'm going to be very careful and carry on researching it more before I use it. That said I can't f**king wait haha

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.