UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Getting HUGE!
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people

as we have a few online sups companies on here i thoguht i'd ask a couple of questions

1) Do any of you import large amounts from the US?

2) what is the protocol?

3) any one know a good (cheap) shipping comapny?

4) Is import tax 12.8% ( for sports sups) of value of goods + shipping costs? and VAT all of that + 17.5 % ??

Any possitive feed back welcome :beer:

·
Getting HUGE!
1,396 Posts
Nice one cheers...

As this isn't about the use of supps and more about importing costs I thought the General section was best.....

Rahter than duplicate the post ill leave it here and if i have to re-post it on the supps forum if it gets deleted...

Thanks for the heads up

·
Getting HUGE!
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kezz said:
I used to but by the time they got here and you got shafted for tax it seemed hardly worth it
That's what I'm thinking Kez. I am looking to possibly become an importer of a particular supp range but I remember the Import tax and VAT doing me in when i was importing motorbikes from China, and i was getting those for a very good price.

Import tax varies on the product and i think the bikes were about 9% and i have just read that sups can be as high as 12.8% and that's of the good value PLUS sipping costs...then i think you pay 17.5 % on that whole lots!!!!!! this country REALLY don't seem to want people to get on in business!

·
Complete Basket Case
4,766 Posts
i used to buy biotest direct from the ~US but now that the pound is so weak there really isn't any justification...

when the pound goes back to 3 dollars to the pound i'll buy direct again...

·
Getting HUGE!
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im ,looking to be coem, hopefully the UK sole imprter so we are talking large volumes , doubt i could get away with comercial sample.

Some of the companies online must import from the US ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts