UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
....On a quest to be an animal..
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thought, how important is it to do the same (chest for e.g) workout each week?

week1

4x5 flies

3x7 flat dumbell

4x3 decline bench

week2

4x8 pec deck

3x8 cable pullovers

4x8 flat bench

week3

3x5 incline bench

4x12 flies

3x6 dumbel press

Is this any disadvantage/advantage over doing the same one workout for several weeks untill you stop gaining or getting stronger? i do the same each week for about 6-7weeks. this is for all of my four workouts (legs, back and bi, chest and tri and shoulders.

i feel by doing the same each week i can add wieght every couple of weeks and see my progress more.

anyone got anything to add?

·
Getting HUGE!
1,393 Posts
I agree, it is useful to repeat certain exercises so you can measure progress but also important to change your routine occasionally so your body keeps guessing and you develop muscles perhaps missed in your current routine.

·
Advanced Personal Trainer & Nutrition Advisor. Boa
3,527 Posts
do everything until you stop responding or get broed mate, if you start plateauing on exercises and strength i would switch the exercises and rep ranges/set amounts around a bit and mix it all up get your body guessing again :)

·
Looking Freaky
839 Posts
i change my workouts every 6 weeks, change my rep range, rest times, amount of sets and exercise's,

i personaly dont see a problem with changing your workout every week as longs as you got to failure on each workout, failure is the key

·
Lifes to short to be small
509 Posts
You need to keep your muscles guessing mate - maintain enough variety to keep shocking the muscle

If youre going to run the same exercises for a few weeks - switch the order around so you start and finish with a different exercise each session

·
gunning for 17st
695 Posts
I always use the same exercises in my workouts, perhaps switching 1 exercise every couple of months. If these exercises work for you why change it. As far as mixing it up and keeping the muscles guessing i'm all in favour of this but you don't necessarily need to change the exercise; changing no of sets, no of reps, rest time etc will mix it up for you. If you can come out of a workout even having done just 1 extra rep on something you have made progress imo.

·
Looking Freaky
839 Posts
Kezz said:
i never do the same workout twice in a row... cant see the point in it,, you tax the muscle with whatever you do
you do an extra rep or add a bit off wight to the bar thats the point, easier to judge improvment and see what works best

but each to there own :beer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.