UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gym Addict
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My entire life is based around health, fitness and bodybuilding, so i figure I may as well make some money out of it.

I'm 23 now, and my plan is to go to university and do a double major in sport and business managment, this will take me through until im 26, i then want to work as a personal trainer or some sort of sports administrator for 4 years and hopefully save up enough bunce to start my own small gym.

Is this feasable?

I'd like to hear from people who have been there and done this type of thing, any tips, things to avoid, any information no matter how small would be greatly appreciated, if you like you can pm me.

·
Looking Freaky
772 Posts
NOTHING replaces your own experience. i've worked with plenty of people with Premier, BSc and every other qualification known, yet they don't know enough to train people safely and effectively.

i did the Uni thing for BSc and MSc and sure it looks good on a CV or a profile board up in the gym, but if you don't know how it feels to be carb restricted, or doing twice daily CV or how to find 0calories treats that keep you sane then how can you tell others with real conviction??

keep up your own training, realise that others won't always want to train as you do- seems obvious but often forgot by many PTs, get as many strings to your bow as possible(Boxercise, Core, Pre/post natal quals) and keep up your reading around the area.

cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.