UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Getting there!
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm not fat to be honest but I've had some jibes off mates recently (my bulking hasn't been the leanest) and I can't actually afford all the food and supps related to bulking at the moment so I'm going on a fat loss mission till christmas methinks.

Is this ok

Monday: Push

Flat Bench 1 x 10 warm up

3 x 8 full weight

Incline DB 3 x 8

Dips 3 x 10

Decline press 3 x 8

Skullcrushers 3 x 8

Tricep pull-down 3 x 10

THEN 20 mins cardio

Tuesday: Cardio

20 mins bike

20 mins treadmill

20 mins cross-trainer

abs

Wednesday: Legs

Squats 1 x 10 warm up

3 x 8 full weight

Leg Press 3 x 10

Leg Extension 3 x 8

other leg machine can't remember what it's called

3 x 8

Cardio 20 mins

Thursday: Cardio

As Tuesday

Friday: Pull

Seated Rows 1 x 10 warm up

3 x 8 full weight

Lat pull-down 3 x 8

High rows 3 x 8

Bent-over rows 3 x 8

Preacher Curls 3 x 8

Weekend - Dance, drink alot less etc

That sound ok? I don't do deadlifts because I slipped a disc before and I recently injured it again and i'm seriously not going to risk it again, I'd rather my back grew slower than I couldn't train at all.

Thanks for any input guys

·
Getting there!
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and diet wise I'm just cutting carbs as much as I feel I can, typical day is maybe

Breakfast: 2 weetabix, the tiniest big of sugar, large cup of coffee, protein isolate

Snack: Banana

Lunch: Either tuna or Chicken with a little veg

Snack: 3 eggs, scrambled

Dinner: Chicken, tuna, prawns (whatever meat I have) and a minimal amount of pasta or rice, about three spoonfulls

Now my diet is probably awful but I just basically took my bulking diet and removed loads of carbs and everything I enjoy eating haha

·
Getting there!
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's first thing in the morning? The weetabix is at 7am and the banana is at about 9am, I thought it was ok to get some carbs in the morning to give me energy for the day?

To be fair I said I wasn't too clued up about diet I asked for constructive criticism not some **** laughing at what I posted. If you haven't got anything decent to input then I suggest you **** off.

·
Getting there!
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah like I said I'm really not that fat, literally this just came about because this weekend instead of "you're filling out mate, looking bigger" I got "you're getting a right belly on mate! Look at your tits" etc. BF% probably is about 20% though

·
Not as skinny as in my avi:)
809 Posts
I think even the elite in bodybuilding carry a bit of spare whilst they are bulking. Trying to put on muscle without adding a bit of temporary fat is going to be very difficult. If you are trying to bulk don't worry about the spare tyre yet, one goal at a time.

Can't help you too much with diet tips as I am a gready [email protected] who just eats everything:laugh:

·
Getting HUGE!
1,441 Posts
Ok into the lions den, like the OP I don't have a lot of experience re dieting and bodybuilding diet but here is what works for me...

Breakfast.

Good bowl Porridge sweetened with a single teaspoon of honey...NO SUGAR, NO FAKE SUGAR ie SPLENDA.

Mid morning early lunch. Banana or Jacket Pot with Beans or tuna

Dinner Fish, white or oiley with wholemeal pasta (a cup) or a chicken breast 2 if small grilled or roasted with a drizzle of olive oil, herbs and spices, brown rice, some veg.

This is purely to cut down of my weight. No sugar, no bread, no cheese, no quick snacks or junk food, which is a pity I love Pizza.

As an after thought I know my diet is limited but I am reading whats written on this board and getting loads of ideas. Also consider white sugar has to be bleached to get it that colour and to do that they use Formaldahyde which is fairly extreme and not very good for you I would suspect.

I am still losing weight, not gaining anything which is hardly a surprise but once the fat is well lowered I will start to eat more of the right things to gain size (well thats the plan)...I do miss certain things but I cannot go on the way I was and hope to see any change in my body...Lot of cardio for me then.

the whole diet thing is a bit of a mystery, eat this eat that, don't mix protiens with carbs, don't eat too many carbs or at certain times of the day...its so confusing, you can see why people lose the will to live and give up...so many grams of this and that, oi vay what a headache and dont even get me started on supplements, dammed expensive and what is for what...and do they really work???

Andrew

·
Gym Addict
111 Posts
My theory was to put some muscle on first then once I had something to burn the calories I would cut back on the carbs.

So when I first went back into the gym after a lay-off of a couple of years I just ate lots of quality food.

Surprisingly I didn't seem to put on any fat but did get some great gains in muscle.

My problem now is I have enough muscle for how I want to look but its taking a while to get my BF down to see the definition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.