UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,382 Posts
I thought i'd put this here for others to see as the other threads regarding this are out of date and things have changed! :)

The IFBB British Grand Prix is back and will be held on March 19th-20th at the London Excel Arena. The venue has been switched from what was Birmingham's ICC to the capital of the UK which boasts a larger expo arena plus more seating for the show itself.

The promoters are Neil Hill, Simon Fan and James Collier backed by Weider, Gaspari Nutrition and muscletalk.co.uk

Two weeks after the Arnold Classic with many top pros to either compete or appear and like the Arnold classic, the two day event is host to:

*Professional Strongman

*Arm Wrestling

*Karate

*BMX

*Skateboarding

*more to be officially announced...

The professional bodybuilding events:

*Men's Open

*Men's Under 202lbs

*Ladies Figure

*Ladies Bikini

Pro's confirmed so far:

*Branch Warren

*Flex Lewis

*Lee Priest :thumb:

*Toney Freeman

*Shaun Joseph Tavernier (who will be making his pro debut!)

*Terry Hollands

*Mark Alvisi

*Lee Powell

*Troy Brown

*Mike Sheridan

*Paul George

*james Llewellin

Talks are going ahead for the possibility of an invititational amateur Grand Prix similar to the Arnold Classic

I can't wait!!! :beer:

·
Premium Member
7,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LittleChris said:
Karate, BMX, skateboarding?

Will be a dog show there next...
Look at the arnold classic... you'll find much more wide and ranging sports at their expo.

All the UK is trying to do is replicate it, the simple things is, if you dont like something you have plenty of other areas to spend your time :whistling: :cool:

If the expo was purely bodybuilding, things would get boring sharpish...one walk around the expo and you'd be out the door.

·
personal trainer
512 Posts
i have spoken to masoom butt the other day and iis applying to the asian ifbb for hi pro-card for his multi asin world champ wins so if this goes ahead you can add masoom to the 202 class, he is coming to stay with me from jan to show day next year

chem

·
mmasportsdirect.com
21 Posts
hi chem... hows things pal.. i'm training with gordon(pasquill) for his uni in oct.. dont it just p1ss ya of when a guy that age improves more in a year than most can in about five!!! you'l have had that with bernie but it keeps me on mi toes!!! about massoom, i remeber him first comin over with you and you predicted big things then.... looks like he's doin good.. whats his plans when he comes over next year pal.. apart from the 202's if he can get the pro card?

·
Getting HUGE!
2,562 Posts
ElfinTan said:
Add Mr George to that list!
Ah cool, a return to the british gp then for him:), i saw him in 2004 in the pro line up at the british gp when ronnie coleman won.

Paul won the 2004 british overall that year as a middleweight if i recall then did the british gp.

I remember him in the lineout being smack bang in middle of ronnie coleman and chris cormier haha, with marcus ruhl on the other side of chris cormier as well.

Still, he got a very well respected 7th place if i remember correctly, very well deserved as well because his conditioning was fantastic.

Obviously ronnie stole the show that year, infact i have never EVER seen anything like ronnie coleman in person, oh jees. As impressive as zack khan is in person, if anyone on this forum saw 2004 ronnie coleman at the british gp (he was 300 lbs shredded!) they just would not believe their eyes haha.

G

·
Britbb said:
Ah cool, a return to the british gp then for him:), i saw him in 2004 in the pro line up at the british gp when ronnie coleman won.

Paul won the 2004 british overall that year as a middleweight if i recall then did the british gp.

I remember him in the lineout being smack bang in middle of ronnie coleman and chris cormier haha, with marcus ruhl on the other side of chris cormier as well.

Still, he got a very well respected 7th place if i remember correctly, very well deserved as well because his conditioning was fantastic.

Obviously ronnie stole the show that year, infact i have never EVER seen anything like ronnie coleman in person, oh jees. As impressive as zack khan is in person, if anyone on this forum saw 2004 ronnie coleman at the british gp (he was 300 lbs shredded!) they just would not believe their eyes haha.
i was there. nearly fell off my chair. ronnie cloeman was fvcking huge. never seen anything like it

1 - 20 of 288 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.