UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Is famine-resistant :P
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a repost from my journal. I need some advice/comments and decided to repost here so someone actually reads it :whistling:

I had a scary moment driving after the gym. I usually go straight home, have a PWO shake and then eat something but tonight I had to drop something off at a mate's house. On the way I got really light-headed, my face and fingers started tingling and my eyesight started to white out. Now, I've passed out enough times to recognise what was happening and managed to get my car pulled over just in time. Next thing I knew, my head was on the steering wheel and I am still unsure as to whether I was actually out or just really close to it. I composed myself, had a big slug of water and continued, slowly, to my mates. I was shaking like a leaf. When I got there I got him to grab some food for me quick cos I'm certain it was a blood sugar thing. The only thing he had was white bread and spread, but it did the trick.

Should I see the doc? My sister is diabetic and IDK if it runs in families. I'm absolutely fine now, after eating.

Please help if you can :confused1:

·
getting there!
1,186 Posts
same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago, my arm went numb and tingly and then my face and by the time i got home couldnt remember anyones name, then i got a massive headache, it lasted about an hour and then i just kept getting really bad migranes for a few days, i went to docs but they couldnt find anything wrong, so i put it down to just a mega training session with very little to eat, and probably raised my blood pressure a bit high, but ive been ok since.

·
Getting HUGE!
1,339 Posts
Hobbio said:
This is a repost from my journal. I need some advice/comments and decided to repost here so someone actually reads it :whistling:

I had a scary moment driving after the gym. I usually go straight home, have a PWO shake and then eat something but tonight I had to drop something off at a mate's house. On the way I got really light-headed, my face and fingers started tingling and my eyesight started to white out. Now, I've passed out enough times to recognise what was happening and managed to get my car pulled over just in time. Next thing I knew, my head was on the steering wheel and I am still unsure as to whether I was actually out or just really close to it. I composed myself, had a big slug of water and continued, slowly, to my mates. I was shaking like a leaf. When I got there I got him to grab some food for me quick cos I'm certain it was a blood sugar thing. The only thing he had was white bread and spread, but it did the trick.

Should I see the doc? My sister is diabetic and IDK if it runs in families. I'm absolutely fine now, after eating.

Please help if you can :confused1:
could be diabeaties or a epileptic seizure

·
Getting HUGE!
1,511 Posts
adamdutton said:
same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago, my arm went numb and tingly and then my face and by the time i got home couldnt remember anyones name, then i got a massive headache, it lasted about an hour and then i just kept getting really bad migranes for a few days, i went to docs but they couldnt find anything wrong, so i put it down to just a mega training session with very little to eat, and probably raised my blood pressure a bit high, but ive been ok since.
that sounds similar to how my epilepsy started.

Was sat in a class at school when my limbs went tingly, next thing i know my eyes are rolling in the back of my head, and when the teacher spoke to me i couldn't tell her anything, my name, what day it was, where i was etc then fell off the back of my chair and had a epileptic fit, not good :( had another 2 fits in the space of 2 months between that and them finding out what it was, turned out to be Absence Epilepsy.

·
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, docs on Monday for me then. TBH, I've had incidents previously but never like that one, don't ignore the signs eh?

Oh, and cheers for breaking it to me gently scouse :whistling: :lol:

·
Unless you're a bodybuilder you only rent food
5,555 Posts
adamdutton said:
What did the Doc say? Did he suggest it was a TIA?

What gear are you on, how much and for how long?

·
Premium Member
10,733 Posts
adamdutton said:
Could be a hemiplegic migraine -

With hemiplegic migraines, the aura is much more severe and can cause temporary paralysis or numbness on one side of the body, or a loss of motor control. Individuals who have experienced a hemiplegic headache say they also endured dizziness, visual disturbances, involuntary eye movement, attention deficits and memory loss.
I get these and they can also cause passing out... the weird sh!it happens first, then the horrific headache kicks in and can lay you out for days.

To the OP, I would definitely see a doc but it could just be down to a sudden crash in blood sugar from low liver glycogen... I've almost fainted a couple of times after training in the past and each time it's always been within a half hour or so of a heavy session when I've not taken any pre- or post-workout nutrition.

·
Poor Spectacle Choice
7,306 Posts
adamdutton said:
TIA.

·
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
People are throwing round mini strokes like they're going out of fashion here :whistling:

I'm sure his doc would have checked/tested/at least thought of it!! Let's not panic the bloke...

I'm gonna ask my doc for a diabetes test at the very least. At least if it's neg I can rule it out, and put it down to that liver thingy mentioned above.

·
Poor Spectacle Choice
7,306 Posts
Hobbio said:
People are throwing round mini strokes like they're going out of fashion here :whistling:

I'm sure his doc would have checked/tested/at least thought of it!! Let's not panic the bloke...

I'm gonna ask my doc for a diabetes test at the very least. At least if it's neg I can rule it out, and put it down to that liver thingy mentioned above.
your GP wont be able to check if youve had one(I have)your gonna need bloods and a mra/cat scan.The symtoms are very similar to mine.

·
getting there!
1,186 Posts
Prodiver said:
What did the Doc say? Did he suggest it was a TIA?

What gear are you on, how much and for how long?
the doc said he couldnt see any cause for it and just said it was probably migrane, but if it happens again to go back for more tests, he did loads of weird tests on me there but said everything was fine, not on any gear either and never have been, total natty im affraid (for now)

·
5,257 Posts
adamdutton said:
The numbness, tingles and memory loss are all migraine symptoms, they are just the onset of the headaches which can last for days. I have had all those symptoms plus loss of coordination, visual disturbances and nausea. I have this about three or four time a year. The headaches feel like someone is trying to push my eyes out of their sockets. Ive been having them since I was 15, Im 38 now and im still not used to them. They run in the family as well.

I have read that people who suffer from migraines are more likely to suffer from strokes, dont know how true that is.

·
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Right, it happened again :cursing:

This time at work. I was at my desk feeling fine, next thing I got tingly and light headed again so I went to get a bit of air. I proper sh1t one of the girls up whist she was having a ciggie, she must have thought I was gonna die. TBH, I came REALLY close to waking up with an oxygen mask on this time I reckon.

Composed myself, went back to my office, sat down just off the sales floor with one of the sales managers who told me I looked awful with black, sunken eyes. There were a couple of cookies left over so I ate them, then I promptly burst into tears! No idea why, didn't feel sad or upset, they just came out of nowhere!

I then went to get a bit more air, phoned my Mrs to let her know what's up and broke down in floods of tears again! I kept getting light headed off and on for the next hour or so, and the tingly hands/face kept going for the same length of time. One of the lads drove me home in my car cos I was unfit to drive.

Now I've eaten properly at home I feel almost completely fine again :confused1:

For the record, I have not trained today (was gonna go after work but called it off for obvious reasons) and have eaten what should have been a decent amount of food. I didn't bother with the doctor today cos I'd been fine all weekend, I'm defo going tomorrow morning.

I am sh1tting myself tbh.

·
Test Enth with a few little blue hearts. MP65688
1,498 Posts
Best to see the doc mate, could be a medical condition.

Afterall, whats the NHS for?.

It may be you become hypOglacemic as you suggested, in that case maybe you were running on fumes.

But double check with a gp :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.