UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had hypnotherapy to change bad habits?

I have an issue with bindge drinking and it is the only issue I have in my life...thankfully. At 16 I had hypnotherapy to stop eating too much and it worked so I have now decided to start hypnotherapy for drinking...hope it works!

Just wondered if anyone else has had success from hypnotherapy....(I'll obviously check the therapists credability...)

·
Premium Member
22,718 Posts
Look into my eyes look into my eyes....................

Your under.

Send URIEL of UKM naked pictures of yourself......especially the minge area.....

AAaannnnnnnnnnndddddd

Back in the room

·
Premium Member
12,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uriel said:
Look into my eyes look into my eyes....................

Your under.

Send URIEL of UKM naked pictures of yourself......especially the minge area.....

AAaannnnnnnnnnndddddd

Back in the room
No go Uriel...I'm wise to your suggestion.... :D

·
Premium Member
12,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
warren_1987 said:
if i remember correctly tinytom on here is , so maybe pm him or bump foir him and he may be abled to help. or i could be compleatly wrong haha
I have a recollection of Tom having training in hypnosis, but then there is a big difference between hypnosis and hypnotherapy...do you know what he's traiend in? My partner is trained in hypnosis but I'd never trust him for therapeutic reasons...! :laugh:

G

·
I've had mixed results with hypnotherapy for smoking. Saw one guy in Swindon and stopped for nine years. Then started smoking again, then went to another guy in Chelmsford, but it didn't really do much. Not sure if it was the different styles between hypnotists, or whether I just didn't want to quit as much the second time around. Probably the latter.

I have been told that you're better off seeing a hypnoanalyst though, which the first guy was.

·
Premium Member
12,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mb75 said:
I've had mixed results with hypnotherapy for smoking. Saw one guy in Swindon and stopped for nine years. Then started smoking again, then went to another guy in Chelmsford, but it didn't really do much. Not sure if it was the different styles between hypnotists, or whether I just didn't want to quit as much the second time around. Probably the latter.

I have been told that you're better off seeing a hypnoanalyst though, which the first guy was.
Mmm, I think the guy I'll see is a hypnoanalyst. I hope it helps as despite having all sorts of therapy...some aspects of my behaviours are yet to change...

·
Getting HUGE!
2,562 Posts
Have you thought about directly confronting your binge drinking head on?

One of those things i think, either you just say 'NO' to yourself and dont drink, or you carry on with the weakness.

Better still, why dont you go out one night with a friend (ask them for a favour) and just hang around some of the bars and clubs of the local cities at closing time. Have a look at some of the filthy parasitic gangs (crack/coke dealers) inhabiting the bars/clubs. Or the fat ugly pale white/orange fake tan girls walking out in the rain with smudged mascara and heels in hand as they scream out obscenities and walk barefoot along the **** streets of the city... just observe the filth, see how totally classless even the so called 'vip classy bars' are. Then it will probably solve your binge drinking and even put you off drink entirely lol.

G

·
This is the dude I saw..

http://www.mindtec.co.uk/hyp-reg/wilts/reeves.html

Only reason I mention it, is because he's listed his qualifications, and the societies he's a member of. It might be worth comparing with whoever you're planning on seeing as I don't think you have to have any real qualifications to become one. You don't want just anyone peeking into your head!

·
Premium Member
12,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Britbb said:
Have you thought about directly confronting your binge drinking head on?

One of those things i think, either you just say 'NO' to yourself and dont drink, or you carry on with the weakness.

Better still, why dont you go out one night with a friend (ask them for a favour) and just hang around some of the bars and clubs of the local cities at closing time. Have a look at some of the filthy parasitic gangs (crack/coke dealers) inhabiting the bars/clubs. Or the fat ugly pale white/orange fake tan girls walking out in the rain with smudged mascara and heels in hand as they scream out obscenities and walk barefoot along the **** streets of the city... just observe the filth, see how totally classless even the so called 'vip classy bars' are. Then it will probably solve your binge drinking and even put you off drink entirely lol.
If quitting things was that easy, no one would have a problem.

I don't go out clubbing/to bars so won't be in that environment any time soon. Any motivation I have to dirnk comes from shlt from my past so it's not as easy as looking at some drunk person and thinking 'I don't want to be like them'. Despite many attempts to get myself sorted, certain things I struggle with; I'm hoping hypnotherapy may give me the added ability... :)

·
Premium Member
12,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gerry_bhoy said:
Couldn't tell ya. Just remember seeing his sig.

Would be worth a PM though if he knows the business.
Tis ok, sort of looking into someone local at the mo....pertty sure Mr Tinytom is tres busy too!!!!! :)

·
Premium Member
12,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It was hypnotherapy in person. It was really good actually and really helped. I personally don't have much confidence in the pre-recorded things as I think that every person is unique and so believe that any therapy needs to be tailored to each indivdual.

I have my consultation on Wednesday; I'm actually quite excited about the idea of really focussing on changing my naughty ways....

·
The Good...
8,794 Posts
Katy said:
I have a recollection of Tom having training in hypnosis, but then there is a big difference between hypnosis and hypnotherapy...do you know what he's traiend in? My partner is trained in hypnosis but I'd never trust him for therapeutic reasons...! :laugh:
katy I have had a hypnotherapy session with Tom, he is fully qualified and knows what he is doing. Drop him a message. I think a few others on here may have had assistance too.

·
Premium Member
16,442 Posts
I went to see a hypo therapist in Harley Street 6 years ago about my binge drinking. I was going out 4 or 5 nights a week and waking up the next day not recalling anything i'd done the night before, often having unexplained cuts and bruises too. The guy was very upfront, i'd told him i didn't want to stop drinking altogether, just cut back on it. He told me that if i wanted to quit altogether he could help for sure but just trying to make me limit myself would be harder. I went for a couple of sessions that he recorded and gave to me on CD to listen to on my headphones at home but it didn't really work. In the end the whole process just made me realise what a problem i had an it made me cut back anyway.

The whole thing was a bit of an eye opener really as i was open to hypno and when i was under it was weird and the 40 minute sessions went in an instant, can't really describe the feeling.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.