UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Hypertropy and strongman?

494 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Endomorph84 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Alright muscle users...

im going too be bulking shortly after March & I'm looking for a hypertrophy / strongman style routine... I'm currently dieting down atm for a fight... But the goal is too add mass to my

skinny fat frame after the bout.... So if there's anyone, who can help advise a routine for me that'll be greatful... I'm currently 12.5st and fight weight is 11.1st... But I wanna be fighting at lean 12.st in the near future...

Art Circle Font Event Monochrome photography

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
If you're serious about fighting then my advice would be to keep on cutting.

I started fighting at 75kg but within a year I was fighting at 64kg just down to nailing diet and hard training. The lower the weight I fought at the easier I found it. I'd walk around at 68-70kg then boil down over 2 weeks or so to hit 64kg at weigh in no problem.

#3 ·
I have adapted the 5/3/1 strength programme to suit me and my strength has gone through the roof. You should deffo check it out. It's the best strength workout about IMO.

I haven't made any drastic changes but this is basically what I do...

* Train 4 days a week (mon, tue, thur, fri).
* Each day hit a major body part using your standard go to compound exercise using the 5/3/1 rep range working up to 90-95% of your 1RM.
* Then assistance work using 4x6-8 rep range doing various exercises you feel you get the most out of you, the weight will vary, if you can do more than 8 reps it's not heavy enough.
* Mon shoulders, Tue back, Thur chest, Fri legs.

E.g
Mon - shoulders.
Main compound exercise - Shoulder press.
1RM = 100 kilo.

Warm up - 2 x 10-12 reps using aprox 50% of your 1RM = 50 kilo.

Then the 5/3/1 begins...

Set 1 - 5 reps @ 75 kilo, add weight
Set 2 - 3 reps @ 85 kilo, add weight
Set 3 - 1 rep @ 95 kilo.

Once 5/3/1 is completed I'll do 3 or 4 shoulder assistance exercises using 4x6-8 rep range. Seated barbell shoulder press, Jammer press & standing 1 arm dumbbell press.

E.g
Tue - Back.
Main compound exercise - Deadlift
1RM = 210 kilo.

Warm up - 2 x 10-12 reps using aprox 50% of your 1RM = 100 kilo.

Then the 5/3/1 begins...

Set 1 - 5 reps @ 150 kilo, add weight
Set 2 - 3 reps @ 175 kilo, add weight
Set 3 - 1 rep @ 200 kilo.

Once 5/3/1 is completed I'll do 3 or 4 back assistance exercises using 4x6-8 rep range. Bent over row, rack pulls, close grip row & lat pull down.

if you complete the full 5/3/1 rep range then slowly but surely increase the weight all the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.