UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Hard work and determination can get you anywhere.
376 Posts
Ive changed my diet around and tweaking it for along time now and was wondering what people think and if anyone has any suggestions to improve it. Any suggestions appreciated. :)

I am 17 and weigh 82 kg at about 14-15% bodyfat looking to gain muscle and lose some fat at the same time. I train 4 times a week and do cardio twice a week.

10am : Protein shake with Flax seed oil and multi vit and cod liver oils

12am: 5 scrambled eggs with 100g of oats

2pm: 100g of plain cashew nuts and 150g of brown rice

2:30pm: Train

3:30pm: Protein shake and 100g of plain cashews

5:30pm: 200g of plain chicken with salad and veg

7:30: same as the 5:30 meal sometimes change it to 2 cans of tuna

10pm: 100g of Cottage cheese with some plain cashews

·
Shaping up ...
1,332 Posts
Have you worked your calorie needs for a day and enhanced it a little bit?

Diet isn't my best point, but you've got good protein in there. If it was me though I'd throw some meat instead of cashews with the rice.

·
Lift, Eat, Rest, Repeat.
1,057 Posts
Tell your a teenager in bed till 10am lol

First meal of the day you want protein and carbs

don't have fats first thing in the morning as it will

slow down the protein absorption.

Try first meal whey and oats, second meal eggs and fats.

have your worked out how many callories a day you need?

Also you have posted in the ladies section :laugh:

·
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chelios said:
Have you worked your calorie needs for a day and enhanced it a little bit?

Diet isn't my best point, but you've got good protein in there. If it was me though I'd throw some meat instead of cashews with the rice.
Yeah i worked it out by using one of the stickys i think it was 4100 calories. i only eat the nuts because there quick to eat and you dont have to cook it. Cheers for the help.

·
376 Posts
dsldude said:
Tell your a teenager in bed till 10am lol

First meal of the day you want protein and carbs

don't have fats first thing in the morning as it will

slow down the protein absorption.

Try first meal whey and oats, second meal eggs and fats.

have your worked out how many callories a day you need?

Also you have posted in the ladies section :laugh:
yeah im lazy haha and yeah that makes more sense thanks and oh **** really is there a way i can move it?

·
When did this place become fcking 'slimming wo
5,252 Posts
Charlie_miller said:
Ive changed my diet around and tweaking it for along time now and was wondering what people think and if anyone has any suggestions to improve it. Any suggestions appreciated. :)

I am 17 and weigh 82 kg at about 14% bodyfat looking to gain muscle and lose some fat at the same time. I train 4 times a week and do cardio twice a week.

10am : Protein shake with Flax seed oil and multi vit and cod liver oils

12am: 5 scrambled eggs with a bowl of oats - how much?

2pm: 100g of plain cashew nuts and 150g of brown rice - cooked weight or dry weight

2:30pm: Train

3:30pm: Protein shake and 100g of plain cashews -what kind? - macros per serving.

5:30pm: 200g of plain chicken with salad and veg - weight cooked or raw?

7:30: same as the 5:30 meal sometimes change it to 2 cans of tuna

10pm: 100g of Cottage cheese with some plain cashews
I amn finding it hard to see 4000 odd calories here!

·
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ElfinTan said:
I amn finding it hard to see 4000 odd calories here!
Yeah its all cooked weight and the oats weigh 100g and the whey is Boditronics Express Whey and the marcos are

Amount Per Serving

Energy: 136Kcal

Protein: 22g

Fat: 2.4g

Carbohydrates: 4.2g

Sodium: 4.2mg

Calcium: 6.9mg

Phosphorus: 5.7mg

Zinc: 7.2mg

·
UKBFF NORTH EAST SCOTTISH CHAMPIONSHIPS 2011, JUNI
1,352 Posts
first i think you need to pick what goal you want

IMO you need to do one or the other, gain muscle and size OR lose body fat

to lose weight you need to create a calorie defecit

to gain weight you need to create a calorie surplus

virtully impossible to maximise one or the other if you try and do both at the same time! its like trying to spend as much money as possible and save as much money as possible at the same time ! pick one or the other and focus on that ;)

your only 14% so just go for gaining but keep it clean so ur not gaining any fat, can throw in 1-2 sessions of cardio each week to burn off any excess you may be eating !

4000kcal means feck all unless your consuming the right amount of macrnutrients per day FOR YOUR BODY ! your numbers will be different from others as every ones body is different and responds differently to differnt things.

IN GENERAL 1.5g of protein per pound of LEAN bodyweight

2-3g of carbs per pound of LEAN bodyweight

0.5g of fats per poune of LEAN bodyweight

but as i mentioned your body may respond better to more or less than that so you need to find what works best FOR YOU !

once you know your numbers then create a diet based around those numbers, dont just throw a bunch of foods together and hope your reaching your macro goals each day, know for sure your meeting them !

hope this helps

·
When did this place become fcking 'slimming wo
5,252 Posts
Charlie_miller said:
Yeah its all cooked weight and the oats weigh 100g and the whey is Boditronics Express Whey and the marcos are

Amount Per Serving

Energy: 136Kcal

Protein: 22g

Fat: 2.4g

Carbohydrates: 4.2g

Sodium: 4.2mg

Calcium: 6.9mg

Phosphorus: 5.7mg

Zinc: 7.2mg
Then I would be pretty sure you are not eating anywhere near what you think you are! I think you'd be looking more at 2500-3000.

As a rule of thumb always weigh your carb sources (oats, rice, couscous etc) before you cook them and find out the break down for the dry weight.

The opposite for you protein sources (eggs, fish, chicken), weigh them fter you cook it and find of the breakdown for cooed weight.

As Dazz has already said you need to decide what you want to do. Bulking does not mean any excuse to get a fat fcker BUT it will mean upping the calories from good food sources and getting a little chunkier. Why do you think competative bodybuilders diet hard for 16-20 weeks....

·
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dazzaemm2k7 said:
first i think you need to pick what goal you want

IMO you need to do one or the other, gain muscle and size OR lose body fat

to lose weight you need to create a calorie defecit

to gain weight you need to create a calorie surplus

virtully impossible to maximise one or the other if you try and do both at the same time! its like trying to spend as much money as possible and save as much money as possible at the same time ! pick one or the other and focus on that ;)

your only 14% so just go for gaining but keep it clean so ur not gaining any fat, can throw in 1-2 sessions of cardio each week to burn off any excess you may be eating !

4000kcal means feck all unless your consuming the right amount of macrnutrients per day FOR YOUR BODY ! your numbers will be different from others as every ones body is different and responds differently to differnt things.

IN GENERAL 1.5g of protein per pound of LEAN bodyweight

2-3g of carbs per pound of LEAN bodyweight

0.5g of fats per poune of LEAN bodyweight

but as i mentioned your body may respond better to more or less than that so you need to find what works best FOR YOU !

once you know your numbers then create a diet based around those numbers, dont just throw a bunch of foods together and hope your reaching your macro goals each day, know for sure your meeting them !

hope this helps
Cheers for the help. :)

·
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ElfinTan said:
Then I would be pretty sure you are not eating anywhere near what you think you are! I think you'd be looking more at 2500-3000.

As a rule of thumb always weigh your carb sources (oats, rice, couscous etc) before you cook them and find out the break down for the dry weight.

The opposite for you protein sources (eggs, fish, chicken), weigh them fter you cook it and find of the breakdown for cooed weight.

As Dazz has already said you need to decide what you want to do. Bulking does not mean any excuse to get a fat fcker BUT it will mean upping the calories from good food sources and getting a little chunkier. Why do you think competative bodybuilders diet hard for 16-20 weeks....
Hmm ill look at it all again must of got it wrong and i didnt know your supposed to weigh it like that thank you. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.