UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to be soo lean for years I’d not skip a workout and only have a takeaway if I felt it was deserved and worked out harder when the grub was in me:

noways for at least a year Iv lost so much discipline with my nutrition, I will have a takeaway whenever I feel like it and iv been fat at gym for at least a year, my workouts are still half decent though.

I normally use myfitness pal before anyone suggests.

thing thing I KNOW that will specifically work for me is a appetite suppressant, the basics are effective enough nowadays (fibre/high protein)

many magic pills? Once it’s shifted I’m sure I will be fine maintaining it, iv just got too used to fulfilling my appetite and not the long term fitness physique goal.

·
Premium Member
7,248 Posts
I'm not a "magic pill" guy myself, I think discipline is lasting whereas pills and sorts are temporary. I don't deny myself anything and eat what I want, in moderatiin, when I want it, although I eat clean 90% of the time. I find the best way to avoid take-aways and fast feed is to prep my meals, then there's always something to eat when I'm hungry. I also tend to think of what I woukd need to do to burn off the calories from sh1t food before I eat it and that tends to prevent me eating it.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
1,005 Posts
It will have to be a discipline thing really. Like UK2USA has said, have other meals ready or get meals in like Morrison's Nourish meals. These meals just need warming up in a microwave. They are not big but filling. In addition from what you have said, it is a diet you need to go on along with your training.

Set out your plan on what you want to achieve including workouts and diet and stick to it. Just have the odd takeaway as a treat after sticking to your plan. Not an expert here but that is what I would do and I would stick to it. There are times I could snack as at times I feel hungry but I don't, I have my plan and it is discipline thing sticking to it!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discipline,and taking pride in making your stuff

Small example: Made my own chilli sauce the other day & it was the best I have ever had imho,would rather eat my own chicken shish ive prepared & grilled with my own chilli sauce than something out of a shop,

I usually have an Indian on a Fri or Sat tbf but to be honest an Indian is nowhere near as bad as most takeaways on offer

Most of it comes down to what you want to do

·
Registered
33 Posts
Getting a Mrs helped me, I come home from work and a cooked meal is waiting for me. I have fond memories of single life to be honest getting takeaways and cooking meals in my George foreman grill. Happy days.

·
Newbie Trainer
366 Posts
Personally for me it's the first week or 2 of finding that discipline again then it becomes a routine again. Just force yourself not to eat takeaways then you will reach a point where it becomes habbit to be cooking meals and countint calories every day again.

·
Gone
2,380 Posts
As above, taking pride in what you make will help but even when I cook a curry, we might still use the Indian up the road for the rice because as nice as my rice is, I can’t get close to the onion pilau they do. Maybe a peshwari naan too if I’m feeling greedy.

Better choices and you’ll save a fortune.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
As above, taking pride in what you make will help but even when I cook a curry, we might still use the Indian up the road for the rice because as nice as my rice is, I can’t get close to the onion pilau they do. Maybe a peshwari naan too if I’m feeling greedy.

Better choices and you’ll save a fortune.
I do exactly the same mate but I use the Indian for the curry as well 👨🏿‍🌾

·
DNP on cruises crew
13,020 Posts
You don't have to stop eating them entirely. Just cut down on the frequency. I tend to limit them to every couple of weeks. It's tempting to have them at the end of the day, but that's the worst time cause you've most likely already consumed a significant amount of calories throughout the day.

For example, if I'm eating about 3000 calories a day, 5 meals a day; I eat breakfast, lunch, that's about 1200 calories; then later I buy a large Domino's and share with the missus, half the pizza is around 1500 calories; I've had about 2700 calories so far and I'm gonna be full for the rest of the day thanks to that calorie-dense meal washed down with plenty of water , I've got about 300 calories space for a snack a bit before bed.

Same principle goes for any takeaway. Most people get the same thing from their takeaway of choice, do your best to get an accurate caloric total of that meal and when you do have it, try and work it into your calories for the day as much as you can. You already use MFP so that should help.

·
The future depends on what you do today
15,340 Posts
I used to be soo lean for years I’d not skip a workout and only have a takeaway if I felt it was deserved and worked out harder when the grub was in me:

noways for at least a year Iv lost so much discipline with my nutrition, I will have a takeaway whenever I feel like it and iv been fat at gym for at least a year, my workouts are still half decent though.

I normally use myfitness pal before anyone suggests.

thing thing I KNOW that will specifically work for me is a appetite suppressant, the basics are effective enough nowadays (fibre/high protein)

many magic pills? Once it’s shifted I’m sure I will be fine maintaining it, iv just got too used to fulfilling my appetite and not the long term fitness physique goal.
Sibutramine you fat lazy cunt

·
Registered
70 Posts
Get naked and look in the mirror. If your disgusted with yourself then you shouldn't order a takeaway. If you like the way you look, go ahead

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Getting a Mrs helped me, I come home from work and a cooked meal is waiting for me. I have fond memories of single life to be honest getting takeaways and cooking meals in my George foreman grill. Happy days.
As sad as it sounds I’d rather be fat then have the stresses from a mrs lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It will have to be a discipline thing really. Like UK2USA has said, have other meals ready or get meals in like Morrison's Nourish meals. These meals just need warming up in a microwave. They are not big but filling. In addition from what you have said, it is a diet you need to go on along with your training.

Set out your plan on what you want to achieve including workouts and diet and stick to it. Just have the odd takeaway as a treat after sticking to your plan. Not an expert here but that is what I would do and I would stick to it. There are times I could snack as at times I feel hungry but I don't, I have my plan and it is discipline thing sticking to it!
Had a look at them but can’t freeze? Can’t he popping down to Morrisons every other day

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
1,005 Posts
Had a look at them but can’t freeze? Can’t he popping down to Morrisons every other day
They usually have 4 or 5 days before the sell by date, especially if you get them from the back of the shelf. I just put them in the fridge.

·
Registered
43 Posts
takeaways are what stops me from getting below 12%bf, but man i love food. ive got some good Indian, Caribbean, Chinese, Turkish food around me, getting hungry just thinking about it.

living in london i am not fussed tbh, mostly in layers of clothes. if i lived in LA and spent most of my time on the beach would be more inclined to get in slightly better shape.

tracking your cals is the best way i have found, if i get a takeaway likely i am not eating much else the rest of the day lol or you've gotta do a 1h+ workout to burn it off

1 - 20 of 23 Posts