UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gym Addict
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i was bit indecisive about what i wanted to so but i've finally settled on doing a full no holds barred bulk.

I've tried to bulk before with minimal sucess as i am slow to gain, i've decided this is my last big push to gain muscle before i give up trying to do this naturally, but i feel i need to give it this last chance because im not sure i've ever truely eaten enough food before.

I fluctated between the same few pounds and never if rarely go above about 5lb above my starting weight so this time i've decided im just going to bulk untill it's done. Granted i've said that before too but it's hard to stay motivated when the gains are none existant and most of the weight you've added is water and food in transit.

I'm 5ft 3, 114lb right now and reasonably lean may 15% at a rough guess dropping lower causes me to go skinny because i don't have enough muscle.

For the past couple of weeks i've been averaging about 1600 cals a day (120g-140g protien) and from past experience i know i can eat 2200 per day without making significant gain's.

How do you think i should start? just slowely up till i hit 2200 or jump right in?

Also as a petite woman how much should i be looking at gaining per week? im not too worried about keeping it super clean as i think i'll struggle getting the food in if i do, so i'm happy to accept some fat gain but oviously there is a point where eating too much is just pointless.

·
Gym Addict
157 Posts
I am currently bulking and loving it, your body will get used to more food pretty quickly, your strengthand energy in the gym should increase and therefore, hopefully you can get some great gains!

I'dd add 200 calories extra per day for a week and see how you go. Generally advice for a bulk (without gaining too much fat) is 10-20% over maintenance or about 200-500 calories above maintenance. Bulking is trial and error but if you only make small adjustments at a time and monitor yourself, it is easy to change things a needed.

Best of luck!

·
When did this place become fcking 'slimming wo
5,252 Posts
You can't add muscle without adding a bit of chunk.....why else would girls diet for 12-20 weeks when competing to lose the bodyfat?

·
Newbie Trainer
26 Posts
eat at maintenance calories for a couple of weeks and then increase to 2200, or whatever you want to bulk at. OR slowly increase the calories over a few weeks. whatever suits you! depending on how much you eat, muscle gains will probably be slow. it may take 9 months to a year until you've gained a significant amount of muscle. good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.