UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bench Press Weights
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just wondering on average how much protein you have per meal?...... been doing some research and found a few saying the body can only digest up to 35g every 3 hours.. is this true?....

·
5% off myprotein MP269006
2,421 Posts
I have around 30 per meal

They say eat 1.5 - 2 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight throughout the day :thumbup1:

So i guess if your 200lbs you will eat a bit more than 30 grams each meal

·
Newbie Trainer
16 Posts
each individual is different and everything is subjective.

for example a bodybuilder like kai green who weights 300 lbs he may need 70-80g per meal. but for an average 200lbs bodybuilder, he may need only 30-40g per meal.... and metabolism and body type also plays a major role in it...

but smaller meals are easy to digest and absorb .. thats why we are progressing from 5 meals a day plan to 7-8 meals a day..

for me 40-50g per meal 7 times a day works best

·
Newbie Trainer
2 Posts
Honestly, every persons body is different. If you want to grow you need to be taking about 300g of protein a day (suggest 6-7 meals per day) so looking at about 45g-50g per meal.

If you're having protein with milk it will add extra protein but it might bloat you out a little and thus you may not feel hungry later on when you NEED to eat again.

A friend once told me the 5 strongest and biggest animals spend their entire time eating....you wanna grow you got to eat brother, i think the more the better.

Hope this helps

DA's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.