£25-£35 per month 14426.62%
£35+ per month 10218.85%
Other6912.75%

·
Gym Addict
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright people,

Basically, I've always worked out at home - got the basic equipment (Bench which declines/inclines, Olympic Barbell with a fair amount of weight, Dumbells with a fair amount of weight, racks etc). But after a recent house move, things have become a little cramped and although I have my equipment set up, its hard going trying to work around all the obstacles at home.

So I've decided to join a gym (it will probably do me the world of good, meet new people, wider variety of weights and equipment etc) - which one yet I'm not sure; I've just been browsing a few.

However, this leads me to my question, How much do you pay to use the gym, be it monthly, yearly, or a pay-as-you-go sort of thing or do you work out at home. This is purely so I can get an understanding to whether I'm getting ripped off, or if its a decent enough price.

The ones I've been looking at range from £35-£55 per month.

Many thanks for any feedback,

Bill

P.S. Sorry if there has been a thread about this before - I couldn't find one anywhere.

·
Newbie Trainer
97 Posts
your probably better and cheaper finding a small independant gym rather than a large multi-national health club,i think around £30 a month is reasonable thats in scotland though so i dont know if its any more expensive in london im sure some of the london members can help more on prices good luck anyway

·
Gym Addict
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
muscleuk said:
your probably better and cheaper finding a small independant gym rather than a large multi-national health club,i think around £30 a month is reasonable thats in scotland though so i dont know if its any more expensive in london im sure some of the london members can help more on prices good luck anyway
I'm finding it hard to find a smaller gym, the only places near me are Fitness First, the odd Leisure Centre, Esporta and David Lloyds. :/

round 2 said:
Where do you live billy i might know a good en if your in north or west london. :thumbup1:

genesis is £100 for 3 months (wembley)
I live in Romford, so its a tad far :p I work in Whitechapel though, so been trying to find a gym in that area so I can go to the gym straight from work, but no luck so far.

·
At least I'm a failure, you can't take tha
4,469 Posts
29 a month....its not good value though as its a crap gym but its about 3 mins from where I live so I put up with it.

G

·
I live in East London, and am often tempted to join this gym. I think it's about £30-35 pm. A mate of mine goes to the Reebok gym at Canary Wharf, and I think that he pays about £100 pm!

What part of London are you in?

·
MYProtein Discount: MP82034
1,356 Posts
\ said:
I'm finding it hard to find a smaller gym, the only places near me are Fitness First, the odd Leisure Centre, Esporta and David Lloyds. :/

I live in Romford, so its a tad far :p I work in Whitechapel though, so been trying to find a gym in that area so I can go to the gym straight from work, but no luck so far.
Titanium gym in south woodford?

Google it, it's good, it has all the equipment u would need, good atmosphere and is always tidy, dunno price though as I pay on entry

·
Gym Addict
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Huntingground said:
Muscleworks is what you are after. Google it.
mb75 said:
X2 - beat me to it!
Thanks, thats the sort of gym I'm looking for, can't believe it never came up when I googled for gyms and it is right round the corner from my work! Will deffo take a look. The only downside I can think of is that I'm not permanently based at Whitechapel, but with a monthly contract, I can't see it being much of a problem.

Themanabolic said:
Titanium gym in south woodford?

Google it, it's good, it has all the equipment u would need, good atmosphere and is always tidy, dunno price though as I pay on entry
Thanks for replying, its a bit too far out of my way, I haven't got a car at the mo, so travelling there would be a bit too much effort.

I've also just got back from viewing David Lloyd's in Gidea Park, really impressive stuff there, too bad it's £55 for offpeak or £82 for anytime; otherwise that would be my choice I think :p

Thanks for everyones replies though!

G

·
Cheers mate. I train at home, but don't have a squat rack (lack of space), so can't do squats, deadlifts etc. I thought this might be a good compromise.

·
longing for the 80s
1,124 Posts
£25 a month for me,awesome gym with plenty of equipment,there're doing one of those 'change for life' promos at the mo so gym memership could cost £12 a month but its a 3 year deal so you've got to be a dedicated gym go'er before signing imo

1 - 20 of 199 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.