UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Gym Addict
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does 5kg of whey last you?.

Mine seems to last around a month... However, my training partner has got through 10kg in a month,

He just sent me a text asking if he can borrow some of mine untill the after the bank holiday weeked??

·
Premium Member
16,442 Posts
NoGutsNoGlory said:
Do you know how much gear he takes, if any?

If he's natty then it's probably a waste. If he's on 2g of test then it sounds about right.
If you ate 250g of chicken and had a protein shake with it's unlikely that your body would be able to process that much in one go. Waste in my opinion, never heard of anyone having shakes with food before.

·
Gym Addict
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly... i just cant seem to work out how he manages it.

I have 3-4 a day (depending if i miss a meal)

Usually Am/ after training/ Pm. which works out to 150g per day, 33 days to 5kg.

·
Looking Freaky
528 Posts
D92 said:
Explain why
NoGutsNoGlory said:
X2

How is it poor?

In terms of vits and nutrients or in terms of muscle gaining properties?

You'd be doing well if you could find a more complete source of aminos than whey.
Yes in terms of nutrients/amino profile...protein shakes should not be the main source of protein in your diet...I try to get most of the protein from proper food and use protein shakes only when necessary eg pwo shake

·
Out of tiny acorns grow mighty oaks! ;)
4,191 Posts
xeonedbody said:
Yes in terms of nutrients/amino profile...protein shakes should not be the main source of protein in your diet...I try to get most of the protein from proper food and use protein shakes only when necessary eg pwo shake
Why? Explain please?

·
4,191 Posts
Got to love the diet nazi's :thumb: .

With a dab of gear most people would grow well on a plate of chips, two packs of jaffa cakes and 5 protein shakes.

Each too their own though. There's an easy way and a hard way to do everything. :)

·
4,191 Posts
xeonedbody said:
keyboard warrior..so you're saying its better to replace proper food with protein shakes?
Now i'm not a keyboard warrior and I don't want to get into an argument with anyone but define your version of "better"

If you're talking about the general health benefits (e.g vits, minerals etc) from varied sources of protein then I sort of agree with you.

If your talking in terms of just muscle building then you are wrong. Your body doesn't care where the protein comes from.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.