UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I hear different things from different guys in the gym. Some say the longer you stay off the better the results will be when you go back on. Some say if you stay off too long you lose your gains too much so you shouldnt stay off to long. Some say if you have done a 10wk course then have 10wks off.

What does everyone else think?

·
Getting HUGE!
1,576 Posts
Well what most people suggest is time on + PCT = time off but how many stick to this im unsure. I usually atleast stay off for the time period ive been on but maybe miss out adding in the PCT and classing it as time on.

·
fat ginger
11,441 Posts
the time on equals time off thing has largely been an internet fed phenomena over the years,there is no actual proper reasoning behind it,only here say,general opinion folk lore lol

·
EFBB Winner
3,996 Posts
i take at least twice as long as i was on most of the time...i believe in getting my body returning totally to normal and making sure...i'm totally natural again...and push myself to my total peak naturally before going on a cycle again!!!!

so if i was on a 12 week cycle,you'd find i take at least 5-6months off,if not longer!!!!

i did a 7 1/2 monther...about 4 1/2 yr ago...thought i couldnt do another cycle til i had my lumps removed so i had probably 4 1/2 years off...grown brilliantly,now i'm starting back...seriously...i reckon its best to let your body have time to normalise...bring back it natural state of homeostasis!!!!

but this may vary with person to person,as we are all different!!!!

i just believe in getting back to total return,where everything has had a chance to resume original levels,status,size and function before tampering with your body again!!!!

my opinion,you will get loads of different opinions of course!!!

·
Retired
39,602 Posts
weeman said:
the time on equals time off thing has largely been an internet fed phenomena over the years,there is no actual proper reasoning behind it,only here say,general opinion folk lore lol
So, adrenal fetigue, compromised lipid profiles as well as severe testicular atrophy are not solid reasoning, not to mention compromised ligiment and joints from heavy lifting?

Connective tissue depending on the gear does in fact get comrpomised.

There is good evidence for time off, unless you are on TRT.

Depth of supression at one point would make it very difficult for a full recovery.

Maintenance doses of TRT are around 100mg a week of cypionate, many do not follow this dose, but double that, over time this can further supress the HPTA.

I am working with a guy right now for recovery, he is comming around but we have done a second PCT and he is still on the low end.

Did you know it can take up to one year and even longer for full recovery?

·
fat ginger
11,441 Posts
hackskii said:
So, adrenal fetigue, compromised lipid profiles as well as severe testicular atrophy are not solid reasoning, not to mention compromised ligiment and joints from heavy lifting?

Connective tissue depending on the gear does in fact get comrpomised.

There is good evidence for time off, unless you are on TRT.

Depth of supression at one point would make it very difficult for a full recovery.

no no no mate,you got me all wrong,i said the theory behind TIME ON EQUALS TIME OFF bares no weight,its a fad thing that bbers have decided on over the years.I do agree that everyone needs to come off,your health will pay the price one way or another if you dont,the things you point out above being among the many suffering factors.

Maintenance doses of TRT are around 100mg a week of cypionate, many do not follow this dose, but double that, over time this can further supress the HPTA.

I am working with a guy right now for recovery, he is comming around but we have done a second PCT and he is still on the low end.

Did you know it can take up to one year and even longer for full recovery?

yeah thats basically what i ment,hypothetically speaking one guy may fully recover in a few weeks whereas another coming off the same cycle could take a year to recover,what i was getting at was people luv to ajoin a fixed notion to what they are doing whilst ignorantly disregarding so many other variables.
:beer:

·
Retired
39,602 Posts
But, the funny thing is that there is a way around all of this with a good plan, for instance dont use the substances that are very supressive, or if you have to you can use test at the back end waiting for the metabolites from the surpressive gears to clear.

A good PCT can restore the HPTA in just 45 days.

Better gains are made when recovered and you use gear, than staying on forever.

I know guys that stay on, I know guys that do burst cruise too.

Unless you are far outside of your genetic dispositon, there is not good reason to stay on.............None.....

I myself have had medical problems associated with steroid use, I have friends that have been on for 10 years, he has problems as well, I have no bones going into an indepth discussion on this from first hand experiances.

·
Retired
39,602 Posts
thevoice said:
Out of interest Scott, whats longest you have stayed on and how long did it take to recover(did you get blood work done also).
Longest was 13 weeks, I have done smaller doses for 10 months and even at base values you still will get supression.

One time It took so fcuking long I went back on low dose to ride out the deca metabolites and then did a PCT and recovered in 45 days.

A tren and test cycle along with mast, I did a PCT and didnt feel right, (I feel I did not use enough HCG to regain full testicular function), and that was low as varified by blood tests, I did another PCT and recovered in 6 weeks as varified by blood work.

I can tell you what I do notice, this last PCT went great, best one ever, but I did use HCG during the cycle and did use it during PCT, fantastic results, but a month later I felt my T levels were a bit low, so I did very low dose aromasin and think it is helping. I dont want to run to the doc every time my levels appear low as they have all my records on file and I have admitted using before.

I can tell many ways if my T levels are normal, morning wood, skin is oily, libido, and the overall way I feel.

I was not getting morning wood the last month, but now with low dose aromosin I for the last two nights have been getting it.

I drink beer, so I do feel this drives up estrogen and potentially might play a role here.

After all men tend to gain bodyfat and more aromitization can occur, this compromises T production.

I am 49 and I always ask my buddies my age at work if they get morning wood and most all say no, but my brother winger does, so I feel I should.

I like being on, but I hate to jab, and I hate the higher than normal blood pressure, so I got to take meds while on, sadly the meds tend to make me gain weight.

I like being off actually, it is easy and hastle free.

I do want to be on GH though, I just cant afford it right now with our economy in the toilet.

·
fat ginger
11,441 Posts
lol scott i wasnt saying anyone should stay on constantly either,my very first post on this thread is ment in jest lol.

i admitadly DO stay on for far too long,but thats one of my weaknesses,i let my own mind get the better of me within a week of coming off (which is rediculous i know) and i end up just staying on,this year so far in total i think i have been off maybe 6-7 wks at a push,and 5 of those weeks were only recently(i've been back on cycle now for 3 weeks and most likely wont come back off now till after may next year) again i dont recomend anyone doing that and on my own head be it if anything untoward happens to me.

The problem is i know better,i'm good at dishing out advice of what proper protocol is and what they should and shouldnt do but i am utterly sh1t at taking my own advice,basically because of psychological insecurities i have talked myself into.

G

·
Here is a nice honest answer:thumbup1:

First cycle was 15 months long (i am not included two breaks of around 6-8 weeks as i dont think thats a proper break), doses started at 30mg var then was usually 500mg test with a small amount of anabolics also went up to a stupid 1400mg of crappy prop which left me with an abcess which got me sick followed by 6 months off.

Reason i stayed on so long was there was never a good time to take a long time rest between pling shows, also i had just finished school and besides a bit of part time work i had nothing else going in my life, no gf, no school.....nothing so i wanted to get as far as possible as fast as possible. This was from age 19-20, body weight was between 90-100kg.

Second was 16 weeks long with 4 months off. Age 21, body weight between 100-105kg....i had taken about 4 months off training so thats why there wasnt a rapid increase. Here i went up in dose and tried 1g test with deca but i am very unsure how good my gear was as i always got very swollen and sick after each shot i did grow but what actually was in there is another question.

Third was 6 months which was a long diet (i was going to do a show) then a rebound doses were for the majority 500mg test. Age just turned 22, weight between 93-106kg

Now on 4th cycle which will be a 12 weeker followed by 3-4 months off. Age end part of 22, weight is now up to 114kg.

Overall i think too much time was spent on even though doses were kept as low to moderate as i could, if i could take it back i would do some things a little different but wouldnt we all:lol:

G

·
I been off cyp now for over 2 weeks, no hcg clomid or nolvadex yet, and gains are better than the last few weeks on the juice, maybe because test is being produced naturally now am not sure, will beusing pct meds next week however dont worry

·
PERSONAL GAINER
333 Posts
I guess were all different, i have done deca, test, dbol in various combinations. I get proper hedache from dbol, no feel good at all until 3rd week or so. On the other hand i recover in 4 weeks, so far regardless of stack, but have never been over a gram AAS per week, also i don't do it other than for my own amusement. I think a good three months is minimum.

Wanna do tren next and see how the nutz behave then.

·
Banned
711 Posts
im going to be honest to and say i have no intention of coming completely off for a good year or 2, i dont think PCT is any good unless u actually stay off for a good few months,

last time i did a PCT, i ended up goin on a few weeks after it finished and to be honest id have been better off just cruising on 1ml sus every 2 weeks or somthing,

...so thats what im doing now, ive read all the downsides etc but ive decided to go with it anyway.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.