UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......... I drive to work everyday down a couple of long country lanes, quiet a few straights and a few wagons taking short cuts, every day I run into the same woman in the same black fiesta stuck behind one of the said wagons, thing is she always right up its a$$ but never over takes anything, now I don't mind the fact she aint got the confidence to overtake but why does she drive so fvcking close meaning me and my transit tipper have to be able to overtake 1 short vehicle and 1 long vehicle, this morning I had to push in (not for the first time) and she was flashing her lights and waving her hands etc, just got me thinking she had absolutely no idea what she was doing, but i bet she still thinks she's a good driver.............. and before you say i'm not a boy racer but these wagons are doing 35-40 mph and there are some decent straight bits of roads, plus I'm always late:whistling:

How good are you at driving?

·
Gobby
10,535 Posts
Oh god I hate that!!!!

I'm a pretty good driver when I put my mind to it, but most of the time I drive too fast - my car is an extension of my arms and legs lol :laugh:

I'm definitely a lot more careful if I'm driving someone elses car!!!

If you know she's going to be there, why don't you leave 10 mins early to avoid her? :rolleyes:

·
HEAD AR5E INSPECTOR UKM
2,470 Posts
i know im good.. but i dont do silly things while driving i handle my cars very well! yes stupid drivers like that woman your on about do drive me insane.. also people who block the road infront of you where your supposed to turn and its a no stopping area.. also foolish people on motorway who get right up your ar5e, even though they full well know theres car infront of you slowing you down..

·
Old timer
14 Posts
I did the advanced motorcyclist course in - ah - must be 1975/76...I learnt the following which I still practice...

Speed limits are there for a reason. We have 3200 people killed on our roads each year - if they were killed due to terrorism, there would be a National Outcry. Of these 3200 killed - 671 were pedestrians. But it's - happily - on a downward trend. I'm not anal about speed - I use that well known UK male formula of my speed = speed limit + 10 % + 2 :)

Drive defensively - expect the unexpected.

Make sure your vehicle is properly maintained.

Always be aware of braking distances.

If someone sits on your **** - don't get mad - just give yourselve more braking time so they're less likely to crash into your rear. If you slow down every time someone tailgates - they soon get the idea. If there's space - I just let them overtake since it makes them feel better...

I'm a good driver now - but didn't always used to be...

·
Routine is the enemy
2,044 Posts
I'd say I'm fairly good. Though I did reverse my car into a kerb on saturday night in the rain, puncturing my tyre, £63 I didn't want to spend :(

Only been in one crash, and I wasn't at fault.

·
Little Lion
12,516 Posts
itraininthedark said:
also foolish people on motorway who get right up your ar5e, even though they full well know theres car infront of you slowing you down..
that, winds me up like you cannot imagine....... :cursing:

last week i was on the verge of forcing some guy in a ford ka over so i could jump on his head for that very thing..... he must have done it to me at least 20 times on the M8.... everytime i had to slow down due to a car in front, he was sat about 3 feet away from my ar*e.... then as soon as i had space to go again he couldnt keep up with me anyway..... :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: fcking idiot he was....

that and nissan micra drivers who pull out in front of you into the fast lane, doing about 52 mph, so they can overtake someone doing 50 mph.... causing you to have to slam on the brakes and lose about 3mm of tyre tread.

·
Pest!
2,417 Posts
Zara-Leoni said:

last week i was on the verge of forcing some guy in a ford ka over so i could jump on his head for that very thing..... he must have done it to me at least 20 times on the M8.... everytime i had to slow down due to a car in front, he was sat about 3 feet away from my ar*e.... then as soon as i had space to go again he couldnt keep up with me anyway..... :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: fcking idiot he was....

that and nissan micra drivers who pull out in front of you into the fast lane, doing about 52 mph, so they can overtake someone doing 50 mph.... causing you to have to slam on the brakes and lose about 3mm of tyre tread.
LOL you are one person i would not want to get on the wrong side of. I think it's good you stand up for yourself though, alot of blokes will beep and scream and shout at women but notat another bloke as they cant back their mouth up, annoys me!

·
Little Lion
12,516 Posts
YoungGun said:
LOL you are one person i would not want to get on the wrong side of. I think it's good you stand up for yourself though, alot of blokes will beep and scream and shout at women but notat another bloke as they cant back their mouth up, annoys me!
aye... i always comment on that when i am in a car with male friends... things happen and I'm like....pfftt.... If I'd have done that they'd be screaming abuse at me by now but funny how since youre 6ft and 20 stone, theyre not saying a word...... :rolleyes: (this actually happened to me today... was reversing into a parking space, guy drives round the corner and had to wait for me as road is narrow, sat with his hand on the horn screaming dogs abuse.... unfortunately he drove away before i got out the car.... i had my dog with me who wasnt appreciating the aggresion being shown towards his mum haha

the other thing i have noticed is that its worse with the car i have now (corsa SXI).... whenever i have had bigger (bigger: read - more commonly owned by male drivers) cars, i have had FAR less abuse on the roads....

·
www.bodybuildingdepot.co. uk
9,170 Posts
Zara-Leoni said:

Did you have the pleasure of driving in South Africa and experiencing the joys of Toyota Hi-Ace taxis racing past you on the verge, pavement or anywhere they can get past you.

Arms out of the window means they turning and if you lucky they have a steering wheel and not some vice grips clamped on to turn the wheel!!

They also the only vehicle known to man that can be carrying 30 passengers and go from the fast lane straight across to the left side of the freeway to pick up a passenger that suddenly waves them down!

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Everyone thinks there a good driver until the do some CAT driver training, this is the best thing I can advise people to take.

It learns you better road placement and appreciation of how to be a better driver.

·
Getting HUGE!
1,376 Posts
Yeah this happens all the time where i live, just never ending country lanes clogged up with sunday drivers :cursing: And its always when you're in the biggest rush! Its even more annoying when you get to the straight they look like there going to go, so you stay behind and wait and they pull back in GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Just put a big sign on the back of your transit addressed to the woman lol

"TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN(BLACK FIESTA LADY) PLEASE REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE **** OF THIS LORRY SO PEOPLE CAN OVERTAKE SAFELY, YOU ARE HOLDING PEOPLE UP AND CREATING A HAZARD! AND DONT FLASH YOUR LIGHTS AT ME AS THIS TREN IS KICKING IN AND I MAY JUST FOLLOW YOU TO WHEREVER THE **** IT IS YOURE GOING AND GO CHOPPER REID ON YOUR ASS, MANY THANKS - THE WHITE VAN MAN!"

Big sign but it'd be worth it :thumb:

·
Complete Basket Case
4,766 Posts
Five-O said:
Everyone thinks there a good driver until the do some CAT driver training, this is the best thing I can advise people to take.

It learns you better road placement and appreciation of how to be a better driver.
the best training is to spend some time riding a 125cc moped/bike...

you learn a lot about driving then.. and just how bad other drivers actually are.

·
if I can't be unfit in heaven.I'l definate
619 Posts
got me bike license when i was 17 drove it stupid lost it,got me car learned my lesson,did my defensive and advanced driving when i was doing close protection,also did my hgv class 2 ,haz chem license ,been driving 18 years never had an accident,does that make a sad case,not a nutter but i like to think im courteous.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts