UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,628 Posts
At 44 years of age you should be wise enough to know not to do this. Why would she not sell her place. You sell yours and both buy a new one together
Think he means she rents as in doesn't actually own any property

·
The future depends on what you do today
14,448 Posts
Good call I wasn't aware of that. Never been married and have no intention to ever be.

From reading the below not sure if being married categorically nullifies a declaration of trust but a pre/post nuptial would seem the safer option if married.

"What happens if you get married?

Of course, many cohabiting couples will get married. If this is you, check your original declaration of trust. It might include provisions about what happens when you get married - but they won't be conclusive, as section 25 of the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 applies once you're married, or in a civil partnership.

The deed of trust will give a good indication of your intentions, though, and can be considered in court. However, we recommend a pre-nuptial or post-nuptial agreement to capture the details of what would happen if you were to separate."
They do get considered at a divorce but if the other party's solicitor wanted, the they could over rule it.

I was fortunate enough that my ex was more than willing to honour the agreement though.

We just shared our capital gained from the things we purchased together and not my previous properties I had before her

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
But at 44 and mortgage free, I'd be looking more at early retirement plan's not another mortgage.
I guess some people at 44 feel like they're still on their way up while others probably feel like it's time to start winding down.

Personally I could never see myself retiring completely. Think I'd die of boredom.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Harsh :lol:

Gotta admit I was thinking that myself to some extent though.
Harsh in the bin her off lol I agree but at least give her head a wobble and a good shake and tell her straight

ive been divorced. I've seen money go. I wouldn't go giving no charity to no pussy

·
Newbie Trainer
2,584 Posts
Harsh in the bin her off lol I agree but at least give her head a wobble and a good shake and tell her straight

ive been divorced. I've seen money go. I wouldn't go giving no charity to no pussy
Harsh :lol:

Gotta admit I was thinking that myself to some extent though.
Surly if done right, everyone is a winner. When it's all written up, the op doesn't put in X amount, he's put in X% and gets that back first from any sale and whatever percentage left, is split equally. If he's smart you can make more money from the bigger house taking a smaller percentage of it.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Surly if done right, everyone is a winner. When it's all written up, the op doesn't put in X amount, he's put in X% and gets that back first from any sale and whatever percentage left, is split equally. If he's smart you can make more money from the bigger house taking a smaller percentage of it.
Could be a long wait if she decides she doesn't want to sign to sell ASAP during a split.

·
Newbie Trainer
2,584 Posts
Could be a long wait if she decides she doesn't want to sign to sell ASAP during a split.
Fair point but this maybe covered under the agreement. From what I remember it's something about acting in a reasonable manor in the case of split.

·
So it seems a Human had been rather injured by a k
9,378 Posts
Fair point but this maybe covered under the agreement. From what I remember it's something about acting in a reasonable manor in the case of split.
Ain't no way she will act in a reasonable manner if they split up.

Even with a contract in place I can't see it being a simple process.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I paid off my mortgage in full about 3 weeks ago on a property that I've lived in on my own for the past 10 years.

Now my girlfriend (who currently rents her own place and has little to no savings) wants us to buy a house together using the entire value of my property as the deposit plus a new 25-year mortgage on top of that.

Not sure what to do but I really don't fancy taking out another mortgage again at nearly 44 years of age :confused1:
So you 2 live separately now then I assume? Just move her in to your house and tell her to save some money, get to see if living together works out before committing too much when you have no need to.
Also cover yourself and assets as said by everyone else if you do buy together

·
So it seems a Human had been rather injured by a k
9,378 Posts
So you 2 live separately now then I assume? Just move her in to your house and tell her to save some money, get to see if living together works out before committing too much when you have no need to.
Also cover yourself and assets as said by everyone else if you do buy together
This was 5 months ago. They have split up now and she took the house.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts