UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!!!
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been reading a few articles concerning nutrition and am wondering how you guys count the fat in your diet.

For example, for the past two years I have only been counting the Essential Fats. An example may be help to illustrate my point

#MEAL

Chicken breast / Oats / 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - In this scenario i would count only 15g for the 1 tablespoon of the oil and not the fat from the chicken/oats

Surely by only counting the fat from the olive oil I have been underestimating how many calories I've been taking in??

The reason why I ask, is because I'm interested in Layne Norton's approach to bulking

Protein LBM X 1-1.3

CARBS LBM X 2.5-3.5

FAT LBM X 0.3-0.4

If i did end up follow this bulking strategy, the way in which i have been counting my fats would mean that my fat intake would be too high. Since Layne counts his fat sources from chicken etc

·
Online Coach
6,086 Posts
Yup I count it all, makes no sense to me not too.

And when you have someone with a PhD in Nutritional Biochemistry saying they count it - all the more reason to do so :)

·
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh very valid point mate!! Have you ever followed a high carb/mod protein/low fat diet..

For example - macros such as

500-600/200-220/60-70 (carbs/protein/fat)

I am not a huge fan of high carb diets but after reading some of layne's articles it has tempted me to have a bash! Even more, since protein and fats are lowered, which is something I've never tried. I typically consume 300-350grams protein, and around 70-80grams of essential fats (without counting fats from chicken etc)So was probably having much more..

·
Getting HUGE!
2,450 Posts
Considering you haven't been counting them properly you've done bloody well Chris lol. But yes, to answer your question.. you would count the fat from your 'indirect' sources.

·
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heineken said:
Considering you haven't been counting them properly you've done bloody well Chris lol. But yes, to answer your question.. you would count the fat from your 'indirect' sources.
Yeh i know pmsl!! Luckily I'm an ectomorph haha!!

Just wanted to know because i want to get my macros correct before i start bulking ;0)

In a way, this demonstrates how quickly my body burns calories.. I must have been understimated my calories quite considerably.. almost by 600-1000 calories! :0:lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.