UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
knowledge is power
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

iv been trying to make sweet potato wedges so there crispy but cant get it,

iv tried olive oil and without iv tried high heats low heats long times shorter times, i just cant seem to get them just doing them in the oven,

help please

·
Master Baker
538 Posts
The starch is different to normal white spuds so they're harder to get crunchy.

You need a really high heat, plus coat them in something like butter vs olive oil. Plus salt them lightly as this helps draw out moisture to make them crispier.

If youre ovening them, smaller wedges work better, so about the size anf thickness of your thumb if possible. Parboil them first for 4 minutes, then toss in a bowl and let air dry. Add in a tbsp of butter, and toss till they're evenly coated.

Sprinkle on some salt and put on a sheet of baking parchment and put in a preheated oven, min 230C or gas mark 7 for anywhere between 25-40 mins (depends on oven type)

·
knowledge is power
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet thanks for that ill give it ago but think ill have to sacrifise some of the crisp as i wont use butter but will stick with oil, i will let you know how i get on with it many thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.