UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Getting HUGE!
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CASE IN POINT: im taking ZMA at the moment.. have been for a week ro so

its not really helping me sleep, im havent noticed much in the way of strength gains. i havent packed on muscle because of it...

so - how long should i give it before cutting my losses and discontinuing use?

should i fork out for a few months worth to fully assess it? considering the expense?

basically (and this goes for all supplements) what im asking is, what is the best way to assess effectiveness

·
bann3d
1,496 Posts
PeterTheEater said:
CASE IN POINT: im taking ZMA at the moment.. have been for a week ro so

its not really helping me sleep, im havent noticed much in the way of strength gains. i havent packed on muscle because of it...

so - how long should i give it before cutting my losses and discontinuing use?

should i fork out for a few months worth to fully assess it? considering the expense?

basically (and this goes for all supplements) what im asking is, what is the best way to assess effectiveness
depends on the supplements role, the amount of mag in ZMA is not enough IMO to change sleep quality. As for the zinc you can test if your zinc deficient, if your not deficient nothing will happen.

I'd want to see results from ZMA in terms of sleep quality to choose it over separate zinc and mag supps which are cheaper and more effective.

·
Getting HUGE!
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im still laying there tossing and turning (mainly tossing - BABOOM!)....

im still waking up at least once during the night (not fora ****.. i jusht wake up.. its a very bad habit ive formed...like pickin my **** in public and flicking the dangleberries at old people)

if anythign im more tired (slept through my alarm two mornings this week.. not good) when i wake up...

·
Sans Peur
3,973 Posts
have you tried melatonin if you're struggling with sleep?

but as for the question - how do i asses my supps - simple.. i buy nothing but the basics and stick to em.. unless i have a specific problem and someone reccomends something to me to help.

90% of whats out there doesnt do what it says on the tin so id rather not waste my hard earned pennies.

·
Getting HUGE!
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i get this recurring dream that im caught in a jungle... playing a kind of game with two tribes...

the object of the game is to chase down, and capture a member of the opposing tribe...

then (this is the ****d bit) you SHOVE your entire hand and forearm down their throats and pull out their oesophagus and lungs from the inside...

tad reminiscent of Predator when the predator pulls out billys spine and skull... but ive been having this dream since early childhood.. way before the film came out...

i ususally wake up COVERED in sweat in a high state of anxiety when i have that dream...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts