UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the look of this bike, I am a newbie to motorcycles, currently got a little cbr-125, i will be soon taking my full test and am looking to get a 600rr (the grown up version of my bike). I will use it to commute in heavy traffic each day to work.

Is it easy to handle especially for nipping in and out of traffic?

Is it a sensible 2nd bike?

:beer:

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
Hey Mega,

I havent ridden one but the CBR's are beautiful bikes and soon to have Hondas patented ABS as standard.

As a second bike a bandit or similar would be the normal way to go, they are comfortable, economical, easily serviced and reliable.

That being said, the reckless side in us all would say go for the sports bike, it will actually be easier to get between cars in heavy static traffic, in moving traffic, the budget sports tourer gives a more comfortable ride and a better (safer) view of the road.

I have an FZ1S personally :cool:

hth

SD

·
100% irish beef
423 Posts
Ive had suzuki gsxr750 up until 2 years ago and my mate had a 600rr. Its a great handling bike and quite small. I find the 600 range very good as you can ride it just well on the a roads as virtually any of the 1000s and they are easier rode.

·
Complete Basket Case
4,766 Posts
the cbr's are imo, boring.. yep, they go fast, yep they handle well, but they are hondas...

reliable, predictable, cheaply maintained, well built....

ideal for what you want!

·
Banned
1,194 Posts
At 17 you can can an A2(restricted) licence wich enttitals you to ride any size bike but it has to be restricted ....so that means when I'm 17 I could buyba Suzuki ya ? .....also after 2 years the A2(restricted) atomaticly becomes a A2(full) wich lets you ride any type of bike no matter what your age......so I could be 19 and be able to ride any bike ye ?

I'm 16atm so dosent matter yet, but I think will get the a2(restricted) when 17 ....buy a Suzuki and have it restricted yes ? And then when 2 yrs done get it in unrestricted? Yes....?

1,547 Posts
Mate, get your test done by march as thats when the new test is coming in!!

I've already failed twice! Third time lucky though i hope!

megatron said:
I love the look of this bike, I am a newbie to motorcycles, currently got a little cbr-125, i will be soon taking my full test and am looking to get a 600rr (the grown up version of my bike). I will use it to commute in heavy traffic each day to work.

Is it easy to handle especially for nipping in and out of traffic?

Is it a sensible 2nd bike?

:beer:

·
Nothing earns you geek points like installing Linu
2,211 Posts
SportDr said:
As a second bike a bandit or similar would be the normal way to go, they are comfortable
Wrong!

Not comfortable. On long rides (1h plus) my ass hurts and my wrist hurts.

My R6 was much more comfortable, 2h plus no aches or anything.

·
UK-Muscle Moderator
15,472 Posts
Slamdog said:
the cbr's are imo, boring.. yep, they go fast, yep they handle well, but they are hondas...

reliable, predictable, cheaply maintained, well built....

ideal for what you want!
thats Honda for u!

my dad has a blade and yeah its fast but its so boring and smooth! u want something that is gonna tear your arms out of their sockets etc!

·
5,868 Posts
kyrocera said:
Wrong!

Not comfortable. On long rides (1h plus) my ass hurts and my wrist hurts.

My R6 was much more comfortable, 2h plus no aches or anything.
How can I be wrong fella? its a subjective opinion from personal experience, I found the Bandit, to have a comfortable seat ,it didnt place pressure on my wrists at all and my back wasn't doubled over. Plus the Bandit is reknowned for its tourability, hardly the same can be said for an R6, I have ridden an R1 and it was a dreadful contraption, should come with a chiropracter, but we are all different hence why I didnt start this reply with 'wrong'.

SD

·
UK-Muscle Moderator
15,472 Posts
SportDr said:
How can I be wrong fella? its a subjective opinion from personal experience, I found the Bandit, to have a comfortable seat ,it didnt place pressure on my wrists at all and my back wasn't doubled over. Plus the Bandit is reknowned for its tourability, hardly the same can be said for an R6, I have ridden an R1 and it was a dreadful contraption, should come with a chiropracter, but we are all different hence why I didnt start this reply with 'wrong'.

SD
Are you saying owning 2 R1's makes you more likely to slip a disc :D :whistling: :whistling:

·
5,868 Posts
DB said:
Are you saying owning 2 R1's makes you more likely to slip a disc :D :whistling: :whistling:
Have you had a diagnosis yet Baz?

Sure the R1 is an awesome bike, I just have too many injuries to ride one lol. I compromised, got an FZ1S with a 2004 R1 engine in it, fitted a PC3, a full Titanium Akropovic system and tuned it!

Now I have a 144bhp bike that is comfy too :thumb:

SD

·
UK-Muscle Moderator
15,472 Posts
SportDr said:
Have you had a diagnosis yet Baz?

Sure the R1 is an awesome bike, I just have too many injuries to ride one lol. I compromised, got an FZ1S with a 2004 R1 engine in it, fitted a PC3, a full Titanium Akropovic system and tuned it!

Now I have a 144bhp bike that is comfy too :thumb:

SD
disc bulge one side at my L4&L5, :angry: :eek:

144bhp on a FZ1 souds like a wheelie toy! :D

·
5,868 Posts
DB said:
disc bulge one side at my L4&L5, :angry: :eek:

144bhp on a FZ1 souds like a wheelie toy! :D
Oh bud, thats harshness!! Sorry for you Baz :sad: are they going with conservative treatment rest, anti-inflamms etc or are they talking surgery?

Cant wheelie it yet, though I am working up to it, its got 83ftlb of torque so it should be able to do it, even without the clutch. I just need a good teacher :thumb:

When your back is better we should meet up at ace or boxhill and go for that ride we always talked about!

SD

·
Gym Addict
464 Posts
estfna said:
March? Thought it came in at the beginning of October?
Was meant to but has been put back 6 months!

As for the RR, top bike:thumb:. I think you'll find all the top 600's are very similar so it's just down too personal opinion. Test ride a few a see what feels the most comfortable.

I personally ride an R6 & but considered all four of the top 6'z when i was buying mine! R6, ZX6R, Gixxer 600 & the CBR 600 RR. You won't know until you ride them:thumb:

·
UK-Muscle Moderator
15,472 Posts
SportDr said:
Oh bud, thats harshness!! Sorry for you Baz :sad: are they going with conservative treatment rest, anti-inflamms etc or are they talking surgery? woah hopefully it will mend on its own :confused1: so just stretches at the moment.. stop taking anti inflams should i carry on lol?

Cant wheelie it yet, though I am working up to it, its got 83ftlb of torque so it should be able to do it, even without the clutch. I just need a good teacher :thumb: ahh dude it'll wheelie of the throttle no worries! I've been pulling some really sweet wheelies recently..prob not a good idea with my back but riding seems to numb the pain :D

When your back is better we should meet up at ace or boxhill and go for that ride we always talked about! definately dude.. may have to wait awhile tho its getting abit nippy!

SD
:cool2:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts