UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Looking Freaky
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is peoples opinions of training at home? Iv got abit of money aside and was going to buy some decent weights/ bench, squat rack some cardio eqpt and a dumell set.

I currently only use basic eqpt at my gym and its a crap gym too small and busy do you think there is any negative points to this

cheers

·
5% off myprotein MP269006
2,421 Posts
Positive points to a home gym:

Its close to home

Can get on all the equipment

No monthly membership

Negative points to a home gym:

Can lack motivation

Cost a bit to set up

No spotters if you train alone

Take up room

Once you have set it up and had it for a while it will pay for itself sort of thing as your not paying a monthly membership

You can even get mates to buy you some supps to use your gym if they train?

Good luck with it, let us know how you get on :thumbup1:

·
Musclefood Discount SW95548
1,412 Posts
As GymMad says you dont have a spotter and it takes up a sh1t load of room, I can barely move in my room due to all the weights. Try and make sure its at ground level as well pal, Ive got mine upstairs unfortunately and it makes deadlifts a game of life and death, I dont know how strong the floorboards are but last thing I want is to go crashing through the cielingg, but other than that theyre ok :thumb:

·
Looking Freaky
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea it will be iv got a double garage so space isnt a problem, i never use a spotter anyway, always prefer to train alone, glad those points were braught up,

Cheers iv just started lookin at bits now

G

·
My home gym consists of:

A bench press

BBell and DBell

Pull up bar (to me is most imporant thing)

Set of resistance bands (find them amazing to finish a session off or for sretches every morning or evening)

Also got the abs wheel on the way too

Work out in the garage, cant stand going to gym... plus i like to work out when i want to and not when gym is open etc...

G

·
bad benefits sorr forgot to mention though... when i add more weight and say dont have anyone to spot me on that day... i do get a bit conserned either breaking my neck or my jaw... or falling over hahaha

·
Newbie Trainer
25 Posts
Dsahna said:
Could do with one of them ffs,I train at home and my lass spots me,not ideal tbh but a rack like that would be awesome,pretty reasonable too:)
Well worth the money but does take up a lot of space!

I would be putting my life more at risk if I had my bird spotting me I tell you! liability and a half haha

·
ALPHABIX for breakfast every day.
3,746 Posts
GymMad said:
Positive points to a home gym:

Its close to home

Can get on all the equipment

No monthly membership

Can scream and shout all you like

Dont have to worry about looking a tool

Can use it whenever you want

Can do lots of variations of things (i.e swap lots of weights round without being told off)

Negative points to a home gym:

Can lack motivation

Cost a bit to set up

No spotters if you train alone

Take up room
I work out at home so im going to edit this list slightely.

I'd like ot join a gym, but really i just need some heavier weights for at home. You can do lots with weights, the only machines i really want is a lat pull-pull down and a leg press because i have free-weight leg exercises.

Good luck bro

·
UNKNOWABLE
4,691 Posts
jimmyk said:
Well worth the money but does take up a lot of space!

I would be putting my life more at risk if I had my bird spotting me I tell you! liability and a half haha
As long as they dont spot you straight after a lovers tiff,all should go nice and smooth:D

Ive got a garage I can use anytime mate,defo need one sometime in the near future!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.