UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i'm after some advice on how I can minimise the effects of muscle loss during my holiday.

I've kept a tight regime after joining the gym around 4 months ago and noticed some great results. Currently I've cut out alcohol and got a good diet however, with a holiday looming in two weeks time I will be drinking again with no gym sessions.

It will be easy for me to drink alot of water when im away but gym sessions and the diet will be very difficult.

Anything specific I should eat/take to prevent muscle breakdown?

Any tips to keep me sharp over the two weeks im away?

Thanks!

·
Newbie Trainer
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies, well it turns out that my CEE cycle finishes just before I go so maybe a 2 week rest might be good.

I'm going with the lads to Ibiza so easing up on the drink might be easier said than done, hoping to get abit of cardio in though a few runs on the beach should do the trick plus bodyweight exercises!

Thinking of taking some protein bars as the usual holiday diet of cheese and ham toasties probably won't cut it!

·
The Devil told me to do it
382 Posts
oliver Roberts said:
imo its a holiday. go enjoy your self. any think you lose you will gain back quickly any way
yeah for feck sake just go have 2 weeks of naked fun with drunken northern birds, feck eating anything it just takes up valuable drinking time.

I went 18-30 few years back had an awesome time we only ate burgers from the snack bar all week. Enjoy while you can because in 4 years you might not be able to take a sh1t without getting the witches permission. :beer:

·
Gym Addict
295 Posts
Yeah enjoy the break.

I went Ibiza a few weeks back - full of scousers and scots! Good times though. Just make sure you get in enough food.

I just drank as usual (a lot! - Pints of vodka red bull hit the spot)

I was also worried about weight loss when I got back as my weight fluctuates so much - Didnt lose any gains really.

·
Looking Freaky
711 Posts
oliver Roberts said:
imo its a holiday. go enjoy your self. any think you lose you will gain back quickly any way
x2 You'll not lose much and the rest will mean that whn you start again on your return your body wont be expecting it so you'll probably make some surprising early gains.

·
Getting HUGE!
1,393 Posts
Just enjoy your two weeks off. Do you best to eat healthy when there is the option and tbh, unless you remortgage your house, you won't be able to drink that much in Ibiza anyway :)

·
20 Posts
Its a holiday for a reason. no worries from back home just chill out (sleep) during the day, get messy of a night and how could you not in ibiza, then when you get home slip back into your routine. Work Hard Play Harder

·
Premium Member
15,472 Posts
Enjoy the holiday, wouldn't bother with cardio or working out.

Take some protein shakes with u and some oats, just neck 3x 60g whey 75g oats a day and eat when u can and u'll be ok, thats what I do,

TBH I've been training so long I'd be abit fcuked off and not able to relax if I was gonna basically fast on holiday

So aslong as I nail a few shakes a day i'm totally cool. I went to Ibiza got battered every night and loved it!

·
Newbie Trainer
73 Posts
Jim206152 said:
yeah for feck sake just go have 2 weeks of naked fun with drunken northern birds, feck eating anything it just takes up valuable drinking time.

I went 18-30 few years back had an awesome time we only ate burgers from the snack bar all week. Enjoy while you can because in 4 years you might not be able to take a sh1t without getting the witches permission. :beer:
Reps for you my son!

·
Pain is weakness leaving the body
253 Posts
Tell you i think you should do...

Day before/on the day you go...smash a shed load of bicep curls out, few bits of chest press (arms will be pumped for the mile high club with the air hostesses) and boom get on that plane and enjoy 2 weeks off.

you will lose if at all a tiny amount. dont worry its a holiday!!

·
5,257 Posts
It will do you more good than harm having a couple of weeks off if you have been training hard for four months. Will give your immune system a good rest. Two weeks off wont do any harm. Get yourself a nice young lady or two to keep you busy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.