UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts on having 70g to 100g of protein in 1 meal. I know there’s a lot of talk about your body only using so much in a certain amount of time. I don’t really know what to think about that I reckon it will stay in your blood system for some time. But anyways I’m asking because sometimes I have to do this. With work I sometimes dont manage to get in 220g of protein a day. That amount is where I recover the best. When it’s getting late at night I might have to have 70g or 100g of protein worth of protein from turkey mince to get 220g because of lack opportunity through the day to get the protein in. This would be just after Iv trained so I think the best time if there is any, is to have that amount just after training

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
You must have two breaks at work? Even if you just ate before work, on the 2 breaks and before bed you'd get that protein in easy

·
Banned
55 Posts
What are your thoughts on having 70g to 100g of protein in 1 meal. I know there’s a lot of talk about your body only using so much in a certain amount of time. I don’t really know what to think about that I reckon it will stay in your blood system for some time. But anyways I’m asking because sometimes I have to do this. With work I sometimes dont manage to get in 220g of protein a day. That amount is where I recover the best. When it’s getting late at night I might have to have 70g or 100g of protein worth of protein from turkey mince to get 220g because of lack opportunity through the day to get the protein in. This would be just after Iv trained so I think the best time if there is any, is to have that amount just after training
If you spread it out you’ll continue to spike protein synthesis throughout the day but your never turning pro so as long as you get it you should make some good gainz brah!

·
Super Moderator
35,898 Posts
It has been well documented that the most important factor is daily protein amount rather than grams per meal.

·
Premium Member
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You must have two breaks at work? Even if you just ate before work, on the 2 breaks and before bed you'd get that protein in easy
I do have 2 breaks at work. What it is I wake up at 5am then it’s a rush to get to work and then I clock in as soon as I get there. I can’t stomach food that early or get it in me whiles rushing. I can’t wake up earlier because I have difficulty sleeping, Iv been sleep deprived before it’s horrible, so I try to sleep at 9pm and by doing that I usually get about 5 hours sleep. On the 2 breaks I have I get in around 50g of protein in each break. Then after work it’s a rush again to get the gym or I won’t have time to train. I end up having to eat whiles traveling and get in another 50g, so that’s 150g at that point, then when I get home I’ll have 70g of protein, but sometimes I can be a bit low on protein at that point like me meals only having 40g of protein in so sometimes at the end of the day to get that 220g in I’ll have to have upto 100g of protein from turkey mince. I don’t have time to wait around after work and gym to fit 2 meals in, only got time for 1. I work long hours and have difficulty sleeping so I have to try sleep early. I don’t feel like Iv had any issues with the huge amount of protein in one go. But would be shit if a lot of the protein is going to waste

·
So it seems a Human had been rather injured by a k
9,394 Posts
Unless you are dieting then getting a bit less than 1g protein per pound will be fine.
I saw somewhere for athletes about 0.7g of protein per pound of bodyweight is about the most you need. If dieting you could have a bit more as your body might use some protein as energy.

·
Premium Member
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unless you are dieting then getting a bit less than 1g protein per pound will be fine.
I saw somewhere for athletes about 0.7g of protein per pound of bodyweight is about the most you need. If dieting you could have a bit more as your body might use some protein as energy.
I’m around 16 stone so I think that’s around 210 pounds. I always recover better when I’m getting atleast 220g of protein a day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts