UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hypothetical situation:

lets say theres a 16 year old boy whose growth plates are still open and decides to take HGH, would it increase height?

and lets say his max “genetic limit” is to be 5”6 or 5”5, if they take HGH can they be taller than that?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Providing he hasn't stopped growing yes but I'd also think there would be some strange negatives possibly. Large jaw and forehead? I'm unsure but hypothetically tread carefully before messing with this stuff at that age. Your taking a great risk that could leave you with life long regrets

·
Premium Member
9,869 Posts
Possible but I don’t believe the height increase is significant. This question has been asked before and I’m sure there was a study posted suggesting an inch or two extra, something small and fairly insignificant anyway. Lionel Messi needed it as a young lad as he was bordering on dwarf status and wasn’t growing.

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
Hypothetical situation:

lets say theres a 16 year old boy whose growth plates are still open and decides to take HGH, would it increase height?

and lets say his max “genetic limit” is to be 5”6 or 5”5, if they take HGH can they be taller than that?
Thanks
How would you know what his limits are?
Everyone in my family is short. I'm 6'2"

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Height is quite largely determined by estrogen exposure during puberty. So if you're gonna take anything, an AI would be it. Hypothetically and not advisable, of course.
Interesting! Need to do some reading on that. I had some pubertal gyno but achieved a height of 6'2, however I remember the gyno settling down when I was about 14-15 and then continuing to grow until I was 18 or so.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Worked for Lionel Messi did it not?

Both parents under 5'4 and all indications as a young boy that he would end up the same. Barcelona didn't want to waste that level of skill so paid for his GH treatment.

He ended up at 5'7 and as powerful as an ox so certainly an improvement.

·
Premium Member
13,193 Posts
Interesting! Need to do some reading on that. I had some pubertal gyno but achieved a height of 6'2, however I remember the gyno settling down when I was about 14-15 and then continuing to grow until I was 18 or so.
Seems like a strange case, as the reason males grow taller on average is due to estrogen fusing growth plates, and estrogen peaking way later on average in males than females.

Here's a good place to start, full article is a paid one but you can view the abstract and a bunch of cited literature https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/evan.21834

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Seems like a strange case, as the reason males grow taller on average is due to estrogen fusing growth plates, and estrogen peaking way later on average in males than females.

Here's a good place to start, full article is a paid one but you can view the abstract and a bunch of cited literature https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/evan.21834
Having just read this, i think pubertal gyno is more a matter of breast tissue sensitivity to estrogen than an elevated estrogen level. That makes sense as to why some guys on here never have an issue with gyno and some need surgery quick when using AAS.
This article references a study which found that in the vast majority of cases there was no identifiable hormonal cause of gyno in boys with estrogen levels being the same in males with and without gyno.

There'll be rare cases of pathologic gyno but that wasn't me. so probably little to no connection between gyno and small stature.
There was a lad in my year who had proper gyno , very noticeable and he made 6ft too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts