UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hypothetical situation:

lets say theres a 16 year old boy whose growth plates are still open and decides to take HGH, would it increase height?

and lets say his max “genetic limit” is to be 5”6 or 5”5, if they take HGH can they be taller than that?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,895 Posts
Providing he hasn't stopped growing yes but I'd also think there would be some strange negatives possibly. Large jaw and forehead? I'm unsure but hypothetically tread carefully before messing with this stuff at that age. Your taking a great risk that could leave you with life long regrets

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Possible but I don’t believe the height increase is significant. This question has been asked before and I’m sure there was a study posted suggesting an inch or two extra, something small and fairly insignificant anyway. Lionel Messi needed it as a young lad as he was bordering on dwarf status and wasn’t growing.

·
Premium Member
7,477 Posts
Hypothetical situation:

lets say theres a 16 year old boy whose growth plates are still open and decides to take HGH, would it increase height?

and lets say his max “genetic limit” is to be 5”6 or 5”5, if they take HGH can they be taller than that?
Thanks
How would you know what his limits are?
Everyone in my family is short. I'm 6'2"

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Height is quite largely determined by estrogen exposure during puberty. So if you're gonna take anything, an AI would be it. Hypothetically and not advisable, of course.
Interesting! Need to do some reading on that. I had some pubertal gyno but achieved a height of 6'2, however I remember the gyno settling down when I was about 14-15 and then continuing to grow until I was 18 or so.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Worked for Lionel Messi did it not?

Both parents under 5'4 and all indications as a young boy that he would end up the same. Barcelona didn't want to waste that level of skill so paid for his GH treatment.

He ended up at 5'7 and as powerful as an ox so certainly an improvement.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts