UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
8,379 Posts
Welcome to the Board mate.

195 pounds for someone your height doesn't really seem that overweight TBH. But some pointers:

- Fatty foods are not necessarily bad for you. In fact, some fats are extremely good for you, such as olive oil, fish oils and nuts. Using "low-fat" versions of foods frequently means you end up taking in a LOT more carbs, as low-fat foods tend to be high in sugar. Take a look at the keto and DP diet threads here. Both are high in protein and good fats.

- Snacking, again, is not necessarily bad. It depends on what you're eating. Your metabolism (the rate at which you burn calories) will actually increase if you eat 5-6 small meals per day rather than 3 large ones. But when I say "meal" I mean actual food - not junk.

- Cardio is a winner. But do you/want to build muscle too?

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
Wekcome to the board, do you no what your body fat% is? How much cardio and weights a week do you do?

The keto diet is good and easy to stick to, which will help u lose the weight u want.

As dmcc at your height the weight dosnt sound to bad,

·
Newbie Trainer
36 Posts
Greekgoddess said:
People are paranoid about not eating fats and oils- due to good advertising by people who sell "fat free" crap!
This makes me so angry, i feel like hitting the Telly when one of the Low fat ads come on, people really do need re educating.

I have been cured of worrying about oils through following the DP keto diet for the last two weeks or so. The week I increased my olive oil intake even higher was the week I lost most bodyfat. Here in Greece the average intake of olive oil for a non bodybuilder is between one and a half and two litres of oil a week and they are some of the healthiest people in the world. Makes you think!
How much do you consume the GG

·
Newbie Trainer
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks :) and yes..i want to lose body fat and then gain muscle...im very new to all of this i go the gym 3 times a week. there is muscle under the fat. i have a really slow metabolism. i put weight on really easily. i think i have a high body fat count.

·
Newbie Trainer
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you. And im not sure but i will find out and let you know asap. I think its quite high though. I used to play rugby so i was a lot fitter back then. But i had a car accident and was unable to play for a year, so i have lost my old figure. Well i do quite a bit of weight work. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. monday is chest and biceps. Wednesday back and triceps. While friday is legs and shoulder. I dont do much cardio i suppose i really need to start doing some.

·
Newbie Trainer
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my diet is normally a bowl of cereal in the mornin. Pasta or chiken burger for lunch and then tea varies. i have 2 brothers who basically do not care what they eat its not unhealthy food though. and maybe a bowl of cereal before i go to bed. Any alternatives?

·
8,379 Posts
Yes - you need protein, you need whole foods (not junk) and you need to eat less but more frequently. Search the Diet threads for tips, there's a world of advice. Post up an actual day's eating here and let the guys pick it to pieces.

·
Newbie Trainer
36 Posts
dmcc said:
Yes - you need protein, you need whole foods (not junk) and you need to eat less but more frequently. Search the Diet threads for tips, there's a world of advice. Post up an actual day's eating here and let the guys pick it to pieces.
I remember when i first started, got my diet all sorted out and actually found i was eating far more than i had ever been eating before hand, i actually struggled to eat at first, the weight just fell off me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts