UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys been lifting for a couple years now and put on some realy good gaines ive now managed to over work my arms so much with lifting and work it looks like im going to have to have atleast 2 months off may be even more what i want to do is prevent as much muscle loss as possible has ne 1 got ne ideas to help me with this also is it a good idea to do a lot of running as this is the only thing i can think of to keep myself sane any help wil be apreciated

·
Newbie Trainer
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i started getting bad paines in both wrists elbows and shoulders took a couple weeks off to begin with but made no real difference ive since been to the docs and been told that my cpk levels are high (600) and that this is due to muscle dammage because af weightlifting and that i need to have about 8 weeks off to let it heal but dont want to loose all my gaines sory should have been clearer

·
Ex-mod
4,744 Posts
Er... high CPK levels are normal for weight-trainers. Weight lifting damages the muscles mate, hence the elevated CPK. Rest, nutrition and hydration are the key. Pain in wrists, elbows and shoulders indicates poor form to me, and nothing to do with muscle injury (though the shoulder pain could be rotator cuff injury etc. - not enough info).

Get some glucosamine, chondroitin, mega cissus. Take lots of vits and mins, at least 1g vit c a day and lots of protein, carbs and healthy fats.

Ignore the CPK reading and research tendon / joint injuries mate.

·
Newbie Trainer
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i do take a multi vit and a lot of fish oils always kept protien high atleast 1g per pound of body weight will look to get the other bits you mentioned and will look up tendon injeries aswell and no never been on winny

·
Looking Freaky
766 Posts
defdaz said:
Er... high CPK levels are normal for weight-trainers. Weight lifting damages the muscles mate, hence the elevated CPK. Rest, nutrition and hydration are the key. Pain in wrists, elbows and shoulders indicates poor form to me, and nothing to do with muscle injury (though the shoulder pain could be rotator cuff injury etc. - not enough info).

Get some glucosamine, chondroitin, mega cissus. Take lots of vits and mins, at least 1g vit c a day and lots of protein, carbs and healthy fats.

Ignore the CPK reading and research tendon / joint injuries mate.
Hi, Injured my ligaments in a wrist extensors to the ulna 4 weeks before my first cycle, the doc said no weights for 10 weeks and no pressing for 12 at least, I did 3 weeks no upper body just front squats and leg isolation, drove me mad went on cycle and gained well and wrist is ok but still niggles, I hurt it putting a dumbell back in rack caught it on something then bang done, but I was boxing before hand I think that did it.

I think I should rest as still cant do upright rows but that is no bad thing.

I now supplement with omega 3 and heard great things about cissus

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.