UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Future Mr.O
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my squat is increasing nicely so i decided to get some wraps for the heavy stuff as im a carpet fitter by trade so need my knees in tip top.

i got some from the gym (14.99) but there not branded just in a clear bag.

wraps.jpg

also they felt vert uncomfortable and could hardly walk, i must have looked like a robot lol.

can any one give me any tips or help please on getting the most out of them.

·
Future Mr.O
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eurgar said:
You should only need to walk in to squat rack so would not worry about it lol.

I take it that you do take them off in between sets ??
lol supose so.

i only used them for 1 set cuz i thought i had them on wrong but in future i would take them off between sets :thumb:

·
Powerlifter
1,631 Posts
how are you wrapping them? how tight?

I have mine very very tight on my heavy sets.

they should not be comfortable, i taught one of my mates how to wrap properly the otherweek and he was almost in tears, he could barely get more then 4 inches down lol... he wont let me wrap him again now though haha

·
Retired
6,805 Posts
Wrap them light as you work up the weights, gradually tighter each set. Only the last 1-2 sets they should be mega tight. I put mine on while I'm in the squat rack and have to shuffle half a step or so to the bar. Man up, you'll get used to it :D

·
SELUME PROFERRE
4,068 Posts
i hate knee wraps, i hate squatting too........never used on leg press and i'd go up to insane weights, i've always believed that using wraps weaken the connective tissue but that is my opinion

·
John
1,104 Posts
kingy_88 said:
my squat is increasing nicely so i decided to get some wraps for the heavy stuff as im a carpet fitter by trade so need my knees in tip top.

i got some from the gym (14.99) but there not branded just in a clear bag.

wraps.jpg

also they felt vert uncomfortable and could hardly walk, i must have looked like a robot lol.

can any one give me any tips or help please on getting the most out of them.
i only wear them for the heaviest set every time i step it up. i've seen the pro's in their dvds sometimes wear them through an entire session, not questioning the pros but this i find uncomfy and have to take them off between sets

·
1,797 Posts
Jsb said:
i only wear them for the heaviest set every time i step it up. i've seen the pro's in their dvds sometimes wear them through an entire session, not questioning the pros but this i find uncomfy and have to take them off between sets
an entire session!!?? id prob collapse from a lack of bloodflow if I did that:lol:

·
Future Mr.O
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Harry Sacks said:
how are you wrapping them? how tight?

I have mine very very tight on my heavy sets.

they should not be comfortable, i taught one of my mates how to wrap properly the otherweek and he was almost in tears, he could barely get more then 4 inches down lol... he wont let me wrap him again now though haha
i did them pretty tight, well atleast i thought they were tight. did you do a video of your self wrapping your knees ? im sure i saw you post something about it.

big said:
Wrap them light as you work up the weights, gradually tighter each set. Only the last 1-2 sets they should be mega tight. I put mine on while I'm in the squat rack and have to shuffle half a step or so to the bar. Man up, you'll get used to it :D
i think i do need to man up lol but they bloody hurt when they pintch the skinn at the back of your leg :lol:

·
Future Mr.O
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Khaos said:
i hate knee wraps, i hate squatting too........never used on leg press and i'd go up to insane weights, i've always believed that using wraps weaken the connective tissue but that is my opinion
Why do you think this mate ??

Jsb said:
stuff that :lol:

·
Powerlifter
1,631 Posts
kingy_88 said:
i did them pretty tight, well atleast i thought they were tight. did you do a video of your self wrapping your knees ? im sure i saw you post something about it.

i think i do need to man up lol but they bloody hurt when they pintch the skinn at the back of your leg :lol:
when i first started using them i thought i was doing mine tight till i got taught how to do them properly lol

nah didnt get round to vidoing it, back to unequipped lifting for awhile now dont know when i'll wrap again

·
Future Mr.O
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Harry Sacks said:
when i first started using them i thought i was doing mine tight till i got taught how to do them properly lol

nah didnt get round to vidoing it, back to unequipped lifting for awhile now dont know when i'll wrap again
im prob not doing them tight then.

no probs mate good luck with the lifting.

do your wraps pinch the back of your legs ? if so how do you stop this ?

·
Powerlifter
1,631 Posts
kingy_88 said:
im prob not doing them tight then.

no probs mate good luck with the lifting.

do your wraps pinch the back of your legs ? if so how do you stop this ?
Some times depending on how it laps over my knee, my ex used to do my wraps for me and she always had a habit of lapping around the knee cap in the most awkward way, i've not had much problem since wrapping my self, i tend to space them slightly wider around knee cap

on the odd occasion it pinches you just gotta man up and carry on lol

·
Looking Freaky
510 Posts
i dont wrap over the knee i wrap above it and below it so the straps cross behind the knee but not over the knee cap.. i have found this way works for me .,as i find over the knee seems to cause me problems...almost like they are grinding the knee cap.. so i always wrap around not over,,. :beer:

steve

·
Future Mr.O
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bigsteve1974 said:
i dont wrap over the knee i wrap above it and below it so the straps cross behind the knee but not over the knee cap.. i have found this way works for me .,as i find over the knee seems to cause me problems...almost like they are grinding the knee cap.. so i always wrap around not over,,. :beer:

cheers mate ill try that see how it feels

steve
Harry Sacks said:
Some times depending on how it laps over my knee, my ex used to do my wraps for me and she always had a habit of lapping around the knee cap in the most awkward way, i've not had much problem since wrapping my self, i tend to space them slightly wider around knee cap

on the odd occasion it pinches you just gotta man up and carry on lol
cool cheers mate think its guna be abit of trial and error to start with

·
Powerlifter
1,631 Posts
kingy_88 said:
cool cheers mate think its guna be abit of trial and error to start with
yeah just play around see what works best for you

I prefer the criss cross method, my ex prefers the spiral method, she says they dont hurt much at all that way no matter how tight they are

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.