UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,895 Posts
So, my car has let me down once again!! Gear box just totally packed in when travelling home. The time has come to buy another car (second hand), thing is, I know very little about cars and their reliability.

I always planned on getting the newer shaped Toyota Celica (black) because I need back seats and ideally quite a sporty shape. Another thought was the Mazda RX8. I would ideally want a convertable though!

Has anyone got any sugestions as I'm sturggling to know what to search for to fit my rather specific requirements; currently using pistonheads for my searches.

Any help is very welcome. The max I can afford is £6,000 :D

·
Premium Member
12,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rossy Balboa said:
Nissan micra convertable? Good reliable cars and have back seats....I think lol...
Mmm, just had a look...too bulbous for me...I want something sleek; you know, sexy and sleek to suit my image :D

·
Premium Member
12,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
akalatengo said:
Peugeot 307 convertible is not bad?
Mmm...I'm not too keen on the shape of the front bonnet. I suppose what I liked about the celica is that the bonnet slightly reminds me of the shape of my dad's old TVR; a car that I loved!

Rossy Balboa said:
Haha a like it! Theres a few nice convertable's but not many with back seats. Audi tt? Mazda mx5? Ford Ka sport?
I had considered the Audi TT, but again, a little round which I find quite feminine (not what I'm looking for). Although I like the Mazda MX5, every member of my family have owned one; bit bored of them now!

Razorblade said:
you wont need 6 grand if you flash your boobs at the car dealer
I may give that a go :thumb: see what discount I can get!

·
Gym Addict
112 Posts
Volvo C70 convertable

SAAB 93 Convertable

Astra coupe Convertable

All should have a good back seat. Have a look at the Hyundhai Coupe for a hard top. If I were you I wouldn't bother with a convertable. They leek, they are noisy and freezing cold in the winter. They also have all the security of a tent and if they get ripped or damaged it can be very expensive. Not really worth it for the three weeks of sun we get in this country...

·
Herbalife Enthusiast
4,477 Posts
S2000 is a two seater she wanted back seats, also s2000 is group 20 insurance murderous on insurance but then not sure of your age? petrol isn't as bad as rx8 but still pretty awful lol. I'd probs choose a 350z over them all if you were going for a 2 seater alough itll set you back a bit more then 6k o so worth it.

RX8 is gonna hump you on fuel, you can pick them up cheap yeah but thats because the rotary engine is very fragile and most have been abused and close to their rebuild mark, rebuild of the pistons is like 2 grand. And your looking at as poor mileage as 20mpg.

Toyota celica the new shape pretty meh tbh, m8 as one not worth it tbh. The older shape is so much better, especially the GT4.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.