UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello :)

unfortunately i work a shift pattern which makes regular training very difficult :(

my normal working month is as follows:

mon/tues night shift

wed/thurs off

fri/sat/sun day shift

mon/tue off

wed/thur night shift

fri/sat/sun off

mon/tue day shift

wed/thur off

fri/sat/sun night shift

mon/tue off

wed/thur day shift

10 days off

and repeat lol - oh and the shifts are 12 and a half hours 630 - 7.

coming off of nights pretty much wipes out the next day for anything constructive as i get up early to swing my bodyclock onto days and as such i spend the day knackered and zombie like.

ive been training so far as and when ive got the energy to do so on my days off but it ends up only being 1 day a week training :(

i tend to do flat bench, ez bar curl, tricep extension, shrugs and bent over row all in one session due to the lack of sessions i do. im staying off legs at the minute as i damaged my cartiledge in one of my knees a while ago and last time i worked my legs it started playing up so i need to get a brace for it before working legs again.

i also get a day of basketball or rock climbing in at least once a week :)

anybody got any advice/ideas on what i need to be doing? :)

·
Newbie Trainer
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh i suppose id best add goals lol

i started off at 16st 8lbs and just north of 30%bf and then my goal was to slim down a lot and tone up a bit....i was doing a lot more cardio work than weights

im now down to 15st 2lbs and 20%bf though i feel slimmer since that last measurement so could be a little lower now :)

now that ive gotten a lot of the fat off id like to start increasing muscle mass a lot more :)

·
is realising, diet, traing, rest, supplements, 12
578 Posts
Personally at the weight and bf youd look better losing body fat.

As for training have you tried training before work or straight after? Then you have your day off to be a zombie and recover

·
Newbie Trainer
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
irwit said:
Personally at the weight and bf youd look better losing body fat.

As for training have you tried training before work or straight after? Then you have your day off to be a zombie and recover
losing the fat im hoping will come naturally with building up the muscle :)

worked out this mornign straight after a night shift but then fell asleep whilst drinking my pwo shake lol:lol:

also i have a smith machine, ez bar and tricep bar at home.....what excersises would be best to attack my lats with those? or am i screwed?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts