UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just joined the site and happy to have found it. I have been a regular gym user and runner for years but having had my first child 2 years ago my routine lapsed and having had my second child 6 weeks ago I now have no time at all for the gym and want my pre-baby body back!

I'm looking for advice on the best nutrition / diet for a mama that can't run or gym (I walk for miles most days) so I can drop the fat and bulk a little muscle.

I am breastfeeding so need good fats / calories for both myself and baby. I have heard drinking breastmilk is a good way to bulk - any thoughts:??

TIA,

NL

·
Premium Member
12,935 Posts
Erm, okay.....breast milk must be good for bulking though, look what the stuff does to increase the size of a baby over 3 months :) tbh though, I'd just let baby drink it, he/she needs it the most ;)

btw, it tastes horrible. I've had a little taste of some of my wife's expressed milk, not recently, however

As for your own diet, I wouldn't change anything right now, bar perhaps cutting down on cr*p like crisps and replacing them with healthy carbs and fats.

If you do find out how to get your pre baby body back, please let me know how and I will pass on the information to my wife as she has been struggling somewhat with this. Our youngest daughter is nearly 12 :whistling:

Welcome

·
Painfully Average
4,487 Posts
Hello everyone,

Just joined the site and happy to have found it. I have been a regular gym user and runner for years but having had my first child 2 years ago my routine lapsed and having had my second child 6 weeks ago I now have no time at all for the gym and want my pre-baby body back!

I'm looking for advice on the best nutrition / diet for a mama that can't run or gym (I walk for miles most days) so I can drop the fat and bulk a little muscle.

I am breastfeeding so need good fats / calories for both myself and baby. I have heard drinking breastmilk is a good way to bulk - any thoughts:??

TIA,

NL
Welcome :)

Breast milk is no better than anything else to bulk, theres lots of talk regarding growth hormone in breast milk, but I would expect that to not make it past your stomach, and its unproven. drinking your own milk for example, sint really going to do much nutritionally as you made it yourself so you are not getting anything "extra". a good balanced diet which is rich in protein should effectively help you reach the goal you desire.

If you want to drop fat AND gain muscle you will have to choose which one to do first, you cannot do both at the same time. Additionally, you dont actually need any more calories whilst breastfeeding, and when pregnant i think you only need around 300 more per day for maintenence IIRC.

The right fats are a must regardless of breast feeding or not, but its great that you are thinking about these Things.

If you want your "pre baby body" back, you might be best dropping some fat, eating slightly under maintenence until you are happy with your bodyfat level, then focus on gaining muscle, otherwise adding additional fat whilst trying to gain muscle means you will have to diet for much longer to get down to lower bodyfat levels again.

There is a "female bodybuilding" section to the site where you may find better advice though, as i've never had a baby myself....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.