Im..

Male

6'6

12 stone

Work in IT

Smoke

Drink

Not perfect I know...

I have trained before, but seem to loose motivation after 2 or 3 months.

And dont really notice until i look in the mirror and realise ive lost all the bulk i worked so hard to put on.

I have used various suppliments in my routine's but only on recommendation of others. Ive since been doing some reserch, and am looking to up the suppliments i use.

Pre workout - Glutamine base, with a Whey Protine

Post Workout Creatine

With Protine(Casein) before bed on training days

Backed with a course of progain and ZMA, and i have always taken a light course of multi vitamin's in my diet.

I have a lot of trouble keeping my weight up so ill be doing a heavy course on the progain, this helped me a lot before

Im going to be starting on a 3 day routine for the 1st month,

Mon

Back Biceps

Wed

Chest Triceps

Fri

Shoulders / Abs

Withe regards to motivation,

I will be weighing and measuring each week to track gains along side reps / weight

As well as a weekly portrait as a reminder of gains.

I by no means claim to know everything about body building, infact I am happy to admit I know very little,

If anyone can see any problems with the above, or any recommendations please chat up, thats why im here.

Until then, ill be reading through the gazzilion pages of information on the forums.

thanks for reading, lookign forward to the feedback :D

·
is realising, diet, traing, rest, supplements, 12
578 Posts
You need leg work man, you need leg work more than anything else IMO. Squats will make you grow, no question.

Also forget all those supplements, you dont need them, theyw ont help someone in your situation at all, except for zma and thats only because it gives you a great nights sleep ( well does me anyway)

Can you post a typical days diet.

·
Newbie Trainer
22 Posts
I normally start working on my legs in the 2nd or 3rd routine ( change each month )

I find the pro gain helps me a lot, Before i have trained with no supp's and could put on at most 1/2 stone per cycle ( 1 month ) Then my PT had me do a 4 week course of progain and my gains steadily increase, the cycle after that i gained over a stone.

The glutamine and whey are just to support growth, and im still looking for the right product for that workout buss i hear so much about.

And yeah i do sleep well with ZMA :D

Before, I have changed out the abs workout for a leg workout, and done a little ab work with each session.

Before i go into my diet, I will say i dont eat any seafood, Dont knwo why, just cant stand the stuff, just the smell of it makes me gag.

I try to eat heavy, and eat right, but I do love my food, and eating is a pleasure for me :D

Yesterday i ate -

Before work

7:30

Egg and bacon with toast with tomatos and mushrooms

Cup of Tea

Multi Vits

Breakfast meeting

9:30 Bowl of Porridge / 2 slices of toast

Glass of water

ProGain Shake

Lunch

12:00 BLT Roll

Bottle of orange Juice

15:00

Chicken and Bacon sandwich

19:00

Big old steak with salad and chips

Chocolate Pudding ( Not Usual )

2 bottles of budwiser ( not usual in the week had friends over for dinner ) :beer:

22:00

Progain and Sleep

-----

A normal day is really eggs in the morning, with some complex carbs, chicken for lunch, and chicken / steak for dinner..

On a quick side note, just to clear things up, for me Steroids will always be a no no, I have read tryed reading up about them, and ever reserch paper i have read has always had a different load of results and variables, and for me is not a viable risk for my long term health, that and i have an addictive personality, I dont know if this is a taoo subject, but woudl just like to make it clear from the start :D

·
578 Posts
Your diet is seriously awful !!! I dont know how you can justify taking supplements with such an awful diet. Imagine your diet is a cake, your days food is the cake, your supplements should be the icing on the cake, only when the cake is perfect do you start putting the icing on. At the moment you are putting icing on a turd !!!

Get the basics in there, plenty of protein, good fats, complex carbs. When all that is correct you can tweak with supplements.

As for your routine, imagine trying to build a house, but only building one side of it. Yes that side will get bigger but you are limiting how big it can get by not building the other half. Also building both sides at onces helps both sides grow quicker.

Seriously mate you are lacking the very basics in knowldge in how the body grow and what it needs to grow. Read the stickes and then read anything and everything you can on nutrition and body building.

·
Newbie Trainer
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do normally get the pasta and rice down me as well, i normally eat chicken with rice, And Pasta inbetween lunch and dinner, but i could agree my diet coudl probably do with a lot of work, before when i have started building, ive had a trainer to tell me exactly what to eat and when :S

So yes, i dont really know :p

Regarding the " house " not that im doubting you, more wanting to learn, But how does working your legs help you build your upper ?

I been reading all morning :p

·
578 Posts
Your legs contain your quads, the largest muscle group in your body! Training these releases the most growth hormone and testerone in your body which im guessing you know greatly improves growth. Not only that but moves like squats work such a high percentage of muscle in your body that causes a higher percentage of your body to grow.

This counts for deadlifts aswell. Men health readers have this thing that squats and deads dont work the bicep or tricep so no point doing them for the tshirt muscles. But these 2 moves youll be moving probbaly 6 times or more weight per rep than a bicep curl and such. Lifting all that weight is ripping your body apart allowing it to regrow bigger and stronger.

Diet wise me personally, I'm not strict through the week, im just consistent. Buta typical days diet is

8:00 6 eggs scrabled

11:00 100 grams oats, 2 scoops protein, half pint milk, 2 fish oil tabs

1:00 meat veges and carbs, these are fresh and whole foods.

3:30 : as 11:00

7:30 : as 1:00

10:30: peanut butter, cottage cheese, whey and milk with 2 fish oil tabs blended to perfection !

I have various vits and stuff aswell. But this is a consistent dietmonday to friday as it works with my days routine. If I cant egt hold of one meal ill substitute for an equivilant meal.

bacon and egg butties, porrige and toast etc isnt good mate. You need protein, complex carbs and good fats in almost all yoru meals.

My point with being consistent over strict is that imo 2 weeks consistently eating enough protein, and calories is much better than one week of perfect diet with one week of awful diet. Same goes with training routine, 2 weeks average training is better than 1 week excellant and one week of nothing.

this isnt to say I dont aim for excellance all the time but you see where i am going with this.

·
Newbie Trainer
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks a lot for the info,

Especially regarding the legs, i did notice a bit bulk gain when i started training my legs properly, but also changed a lot around with it, didnt put the 2 together, is throwing 1 good leg session into a 3 on 3 off enough ? Or should i be goign for twice a week on them ?

·
578 Posts
Theres nothing wrong with prooige and toast, they are both good carb sources, porrige is lot better though.

You need to read up on what food contains what but basically, meats and beans are you protein, sarchy foods, pasta, rice, potato bread oats, are your carbs and nuts and fish oils are good sources of good fats. Ideally you wanta mix of 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% good fats every meal although this is onlya rough guideline.

As for training, I do a push pull legs monday wednesday friday.

·
Newbie Trainer
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, i have no doubt that you guys know a lot more than me, So ill work on changing my legs up into my routine from the start.

So no more bacon for me then ? :( I love bacon :(

And i really dont think i coudl even swallow a pill with the name fish in it.. ( I know its weird, i have liek a fish phobia :S

·
578 Posts
I kind of eat what I want at the weekend, bodybuilding is a hobby, its not my life. At the same time I still watch what I eat and make sure I eat enough to grow thoughout the weekend. You dont have to give up bacon but even if you werent body building bacon everyday is really bad for you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts