UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey people i took a course on not long back and they 100% garuntee a job at the end within so many months, well so far they have gave us zero help and we cant afford the repayments. io told the woman on the ohhone at the time i can take the repayments if you defo garuntee work and they said o'' oh it has a 4 week delay , 90% of our students have jobs by then and 100% within 3months'' 3 months later they will not speak to us or reply. but the finane co want [paying , have i got any legal rights to not pay as they have not stuck to the agreement i bought?

·
Getting HUGE!
1,643 Posts
Look at your contract, take it into your local trading standards office, have them look through, have the payment ready, but inform the company that you are liasing with local trading standards and see what the upshot is.

·
Vincit qui se vincit
724 Posts
lazy said:
Depends whats in any contract you sign.

Speaking to someone on the phone or in person has no legal basis.
Wrong, a contract doesn't have to be written to be binding, just more difficult to prove. If he can prove that is what they said i.e. other people taking the course who were told the same thing.

·
Getting HUGE!
1,393 Posts
Squeeeze said:
Wrong, a contract doesn't have to be written to be binding, just more difficult to prove. If he can prove that is what they said i.e. other people taking the course who were told the same thing.
Correct.

To the OP, this all depends on the wording of the original agreement and how far you think they will go to persue you for the money. Do you know of anyone else who has used this company and had similar problems?

Is there anything in the contract that states what happends if they don't find you work in X period?

·
Unless you're a bodybuilder you only rent food
5,555 Posts
Talk to an employment law solicitor - yellow pages or google.

First advice should be free.

Maybe search online for others with the same experience of the same company.

Talk to your MP.

·
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unlike other training courses, our support doesn't stop when you qualify. In fact from the day you complete your personal training course, we'll provide you with career opportunities and leads within the industry.

What's more, if you do fail to find employment within 8 weeks of qualifying, one of our dedicated staff will work alongside you to help get your personal training career started

this is a statement from their website, now we have contacted thema nd they have ignored us, and the tutor on the course told us we will be out of employment

·
4,532 Posts
warren_1987 said:
Unlike other training courses, our support doesn't stop when you qualify. In fact from the day you complete your personal training course, we'll provide you with career opportunities and leads within the industry.

What's more, if you do fail to find employment within 8 weeks of qualifying, one of our dedicated staff will work alongside you to help get your personal training career started

this is a statement from their website, now we have contacted thema nd they have ignored us, and the tutor on the course told us we will be out of employment
As others have said you'r contract doesn't need to be written down, but obviously you need to prove what they said, which might be difficult if it was said over the phone.

Also the obove statement from their website doesn't guarantee employment, just that they'll provide you with opportunities which could be anything from a list of companys for you to ring yourself to placing you in a job. I had a friend who had exactly the same problem last year, but for a different career path, but unfortunately the odds were against him and he lost out. The employment lawyer he spoke to said he definately done teh right thing by checking, there was just nothing they could do so definately get some advice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.