UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
would like to point out that he is great
9,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the past few years i have been deadlifting on my toes

however i tried tonight with flat feet, not moving the heels (to protect the still partly sprained ankle) and didnt really feel it as much (i am taking into account the fact i hadnt deadlifted for a month and was using silly low weights)

however all of the books and websites seem to suggest flat feet

any suggestions/comments?

·
Natural0
10,018 Posts
Flat feet mate.

Not sure where you got the idea to DL on your toes from??

There are a few exercises where you can go up on your toes at the end of the movement (olly lifter style) but you don't need that.

DL with flat feet, driving heels through the floor.

·
9,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my hamstrings have always been tight mate

part of the reason i used to struggle with stiff leg deadlifts and performed good mornings instead

·
9,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bug me on my progress log and I'll dig out some stretches.

i had one where you lie with your leg up against a door architrave and lift it as high as you can whilst keeping it straight and try and get it higher each day

i'll start doign these again :)

·
EFBB Winner
3,552 Posts
davetherave said:
cheers pal

i had one where you lie with your leg up against a door architrave and lift it as high as you can whilst keeping it straight and try and get it higher each day

i'll start doign these again :)
You should be doing some dynamic stretches pre-workout to increase your mobility, with statics post-workout. One your flexibility starts to increase you can start incorporating isometric stretching.

·
9,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cheers pal, im going to bookmark the pages and try and get me head round them tomorrow night as i cant work out what im doing tonight :(

·
Grey but still growing
51 Posts
Deadlifting flat footed comes down to flexibility. Can you squat flat footed, or do you have your heals on a block?

If you can't dead flatfooted, work on your flexibility also you could try sumo?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts