UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Always on the go fella o_O
Haha I know the feeling mate. I'm the same as you with not wanting to pay people for jobs. I bought a house which needed everything doing to it. Done everything by watching YouTube videos. Everything from plastering, boarding up the loft, new doors, flooring to levelling off the garden. Would have done electrics myself if it wasn't a legal requirement to get it signed off by an electrician lol. Had never done any joinery in my life. (accountant by trade) lol. Next job is making a big outhouse in the garden for all my weight equipment. This all while working full time and getting my workouts in

·
Registered
Pick up, put down, repeat
426 Posts
Haha I know the feeling mate. I'm the same as you with not wanting to pay people for jobs. I bought a house which needed everything doing to it. Done everything by watching YouTube videos. Everything from plastering, boarding up the loft, new doors, flooring to levelling off the garden. Would have done electrics myself if it wasn't a legal requirement to get it signed off by an electrician lol. Had never done any joinery in my life. (accountant by trade) lol. Next job is making a big outhouse in the garden for all my weight equipment. This all while working full time and getting my workouts in
Fair play to you! I’m really skilled with my hands but after doing it all day I can’t bring myself to do it at home 😂😂
I do my accounts tho!

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
YouTube great for stuff like that,as long as all the correct tools are used I'll attempt it.
yeah I draw the line at electrics as well I don't want to blow my arm off

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
The room earlier I don’t light the fire it’s a reading room and no tv just relax. Now in here I light the fire. The dogs sleeps and I get drunk. Life is good. However next year big plans on the dog scene. Kennels, breeding and training watch this space
Good lad 👍does that mean you're staying where you are work wise? And adding the kennels, breeding and training?

·
Premium Member
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Good lad 👍does that mean you're staying where you are work wise? And adding the kennels, breeding and training?
yea I’ve decided a month is too long away from
Home likewise a full month working and driving is long with no gym ect and sleeping in a lorry. It’s no quality of life and I would have to leave my dogs for a month.

I’m importing another female from Slovakia next year will be a long hair dark sable bitch and will get a website running with a kennel name. Compete in PSA to get titles and evidence of quality working stock and breed and provide working GSD’s as there is none other in Northern Ireland that does. I’ve an idea for the kennel name just unsure if it would appeal to everyone as it’s the operation name of an op in WW2 by the Czech resistance. As my dogs will all be Czech line GSD’s. Anthropoid kennels with my foundation bitch called Lenka who was one of the females involved in Operation Anthropoid.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
yea I’ve decided a month is too long away from
Home likewise a full month working and driving is long with no gym ect and sleeping in a lorry. It’s no quality of life and I would have to leave my dogs for a month.

I’m importing another female from Slovakia next year will be a long hair dark sable bitch and will get a website running with a kennel name. Compete in PSA to get titles and evidence of quality working stock and breed and provide working GSD’s as there is none other in Northern Ireland that does. I’ve an idea for the kennel name just unsure if it would appeal to everyone as it’s the operation name of an op in WW2 by the Czech resistance. As my dogs will all be Czech line GSD’s. Anthropoid kennels with my foundation bitch called Lenka who was one of the females involved in Operation Anthropoid.
Sounds a excellent idea, like you say miles better quality of life, much better working outside in the fresh air (all be it piss wet though sometimes) than working and sleep in a lorry. Better food at home, gym, family, friends, plus a new venture would top you're money up always, sounds like you've cracked it.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts