UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Patch is no Match
7,045 Posts
Just about to go and hand my weeks notice in at work...Whats the best way of doing this. never done it before in all fairness :p

I could really do with working out the week til friday give me an extra boost in me funds but never know might get terminated today oooh :p

·
Fat? No...this is my fuel tank for the sex machine
374 Posts
RyanClarke said:
Just go on the sick for about 6 weeks first
Wildbill said:
Take remaining holiday if youve got any then jack in
x2 As said take any holidays first then give it the old I've tweaked my back routine and take what ever period of full pay your company offers for sickness, May as well milk it if your going to leave mate.

·
Patch is no Match
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got something else planned as of 13 days.... Plus coflex I hate my job and my boss, Unreasonable, I will be so relieved when I get out of it, Will miss a few work mates I reckon but its gotta be done....

I have some holiday pay and will ask for it all...Arent i entitled to that?

·
Premium Member
16,442 Posts
Don't listen to all this take time off sick nonsense. Just tell the boss you're leaving then either send an email or letter stating your end date so it's in writing.

If you leave on a bad note then you could get bad references for future jobs. Just be an adult about it and you'll get all the holiday pay you're entitled to, a bit of respect and a good reference.

Good luck mate.

·
Gym Addict
168 Posts
Write a short letter - keep it simple, don't go into your reasons for quitting/greivances - just 'Dear X, I hereby give you 1 weeks notice of my resignation from my job as a Y at Z. This therefore makes my last working day the X.'

G

·
When I've quit jobs in the past, I always write a letter and hand it to my boss in person (plenty of sample letters on the net). I think it's better to have some kind of written record, rather than it just being verbal.

Have a look at your contract, they may not be able to terminate you without giving warnings first. Also, if your company has a lot of work on, it's probably going to be better for them if you work your weeks notice. I personally wouldn't just go off sick.

This thread discusses some of the issues you are worried about...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1248729

It also links to this...

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/RedundancyAndLeavingYourJob/Dismissal/DG_10026619

The bottom line seems to be, read your contract.

Good luck with the new job!

G

·
Maasai said:
Just have it in writing mate, be sure to thank them for the oppotrunity and be sincere.

Did this in 2008 and employer said if my new job goes t*ts up a job's always here if a need it, also tried to offer me a better job to keep me but i knocked it back.

You never know whats gonna happen, good to keep other options availible.
Totally agree

·
Patch is no Match
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I did it verbally, and was told to come back on the monday..to sign the exit from...Was very polite both ways, saying good on me blah blah... really happy for you and I will miss you you have worked for me a while now. I then said if it is ever really busy I dont mind coming in to do the odd weekend, I was then told that is a good idea because it will be very busy soon...blah blah...

Nothing bad was said was very suprised with the outcome. I thought i would be sat down and discuss it but i guess, The employer must of been pleased with the outcome....weird eh?

Was asked if I could definitely see the week through

·
Extreme Nutrition Wales.
579 Posts
offo said:
Well I did it verbally, and was told to come back on the monday..to sign the exit from...Was very polite both ways, saying good on me blah blah... really happy for you and I will miss you you have worked for me a while now. I then said if it is ever really busy I dont mind coming in to do the odd weekend, I was then told that is a good idea because it will be very busy soon...blah blah...

Nothing bad was said was very suprised with the outcome. I thought i would be sat down and discuss it but i guess, The employer must of been pleased with the outcome....weird eh?

Was asked if I could definitely see the week through
See leaving on good terms, no 'BAD' Sick Record and maybe a chance to return if need's be!!!

Glad you took some of the good advice given mate its nice to be nice :)

·
Patch is no Match
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
..been sick 3 times in 2 years..all 3 times accused of skiving and getting drunk lol... 1 is total true i did get drunk, another time i was sick but my mates came over with beer got drunk,,,then the 3rd not true at all..

Well ya i told my boss that i dont mind doing busy times as it keeps the door open and that shows them, that I am not burning my bridges etc and not being spiteful

·
Is famine-resistant :P
1,052 Posts
Smitch said:
Don't listen to all this take time off sick nonsense. Just tell the boss you're leaving then either send an email or letter stating your end date so it's in writing.

If you leave on a bad note then you could get bad references for future jobs. Just be an adult about it and you'll get all the holiday pay you're entitled to, a bit of respect and a good reference.

Good luck mate.
x2

Leave the right way. You never know what'll happen in the future, things have a habit of coming back to bite you on the bum.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.