UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gym Addict
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New gym got a hack squat machine.

I have a bigger than normal curve in my back that makes squatting

with good form really hard, had many experienced lifters try and help me but got nowhere. will I get good gains from this machine ? been training a year aged 18 cant squat much atm but trying my best!

·
i love cabbage...
1,385 Posts
if you cant squat with good form then it's a viable alternative along with leg press.

what about smith machine squats?

due to an ankle injury i cant squat with much weight and the lack of flexibility in the joint makes proper form difficult, so i substitute with hack squats and smith machine squats. (i cant leg press either)

·
Test Enth with a few little blue hearts. MP65688
1,498 Posts
Obviously it wont be as effective/difficult (weight for weight) - due the excess effort required to maintain balance, however what i'd advise is using the leg press (push yourself as far as you can), and try to do light weight squats and really focus your technique and stick your ass out, best way tosort technique i find.

·
Banned
5,342 Posts
zelobinksy said:
Obviously it wont be as effective/difficult (weight for weight) - due the excess effort required to maintain balance, however what i'd advise is using the leg press (push yourself as far as you can), and try to do light weight squats and really focus your technique and stick your ass out, best way tosort technique i find.
If you aren't suited to the movement then use them. Won't cause you any problems whatsoever.

Used hack squats at old gym and really rated the exercise, back to old school squats now though.

Dorian used hacks and he had no problems with his legs :thumbup1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.