UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Oh, it's the deep burn! Oh, it's so deep!
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I've just bought a bench + some weights and I now need to decide where to stick it.

It'll either be the garage or spare room (both of which are full of sh1te) but I can't decide:

Spare room Pros:

Warm

Light

Spare room Cons:

Will no longer have a spare room......

Garage Pros:

Plenty of room

Can have the garage door open in the summer

Garage Cons:

Will no longer have a place to put my sh1te......

Freezing in the winter

·
getting there!
1,186 Posts
definitely the garage, the last thing you want to do is drop the weights and for them to go through your floor.

plus you will get no one coming in while your working out to disturb your training. (unless you live alone)

·
http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/member-journals-picture
1,272 Posts
adamdutton said:
definitely the garage, the last thing you want to do is drop the weights and for them to go through your floor.

plus you will get no one coming in while your working out to disturb your training. (unless you live alone)
yes!

also, whats the problem with it being hot/cold?!

if its freezing, wear a couple of t shirts and a hoodie. if its boiling, train topless. simples.

·
Oh, it's the deep burn! Oh, it's so deep!
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
adamdutton said:

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about fu*king up the carpet etc in the spare room etc, etc

·
would like to point out that he is great
9,191 Posts
i trained in a garage for about 7 years, was great, cold in winter (train harder) and ok in summer

now I train in an outhouse which is also cold in winter but is warm in winter (it's single brick)

I'd go for garage as it will have a solid floor for deadlifts :)

·
Gym Addict
142 Posts
garage mate, be your own mancave then.. and the missus wont be cramping your gym with ****.. let her have shared access to the spare room..

and if you want to add more to the collection in terms of your home gym, the extra space will allow....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.