UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r-QoUbjX-0
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Start gym instructor course next week has any one

Done this course it's the level 2 I'm quite looking forward to it if any body has done this course could you tell me what I should expect and if help was needed could I come on here for help thanx

·
5% off myprotein MP269006
2,421 Posts
Year 1 = Gym Instructors Certificate - Central YMCA (CV And Resistance)

Year 2 = Sport and Fitness Advanced Gym Instructor

Yeah 3 = Personal trainer award

·
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GymMad said:
Im doing mine through a college

Heres the course details:

http://www.southdowns.ac.uk/PartTime/Course.aspx?ref=E632/101ASA
im doing mine with south devon collage yr 2 they dont do a 1st yr at my collage because they say you could basicly learnt everything with in 1 day lol thats why they do the yr2 gym instructer like i wana do this and the progress thru to the 3rd yr then do a pt course

mine starts nexxt thursday 5pm till 8pm im doin a night course because of work and its work'd quite well as thursdays are my rest day in the week from the gym hehe:)

·
Test Enth with a few little blue hearts. MP65688
1,498 Posts
I did it two years ago, load of Pi$$ mate, if you konw good form technique and use general common sense you'll fly past it.

There was a bit of paper work which became reptitive, mainly beause it was so simple.

·
2,421 Posts
zelobinksy said:
I did it two years ago, load of Pi$$ mate, if you konw good form technique and use general common sense you'll fly past it.

There was a bit of paper work which became reptitive, mainly beause it was so simple.
Are you now working in a gym or anything or just do it out of intrest?

·
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
big_john86 said:
mate its **** easy i did it so you can lol only thing is after i passed no body wanted level 2 its all level 3 but that could be just in leeds
hope thats not the case for me plan to do the course then get straight in to a gym well fingers cross'd lol

i do tend to go on to the level 3 but would prefer if i was in a gym wile i do it just think it might help ??

·
2,421 Posts
shadow23 said:
hope thats not the case for me plan to do the course then get straight in to a gym well fingers cross'd lol

i do tend to go on to the level 3 but would prefer if i was in a gym wile i do it just think it might help ??
Thats my plan to :)

I have done some voluntary work in a gym so thats on my CV along with a refrence

I know another manager of a gym has also offered some voluntary work when im a few months into my course

Good luck with it mate, we will have to keep eachother posted on how were getting on :)

·
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GymMad said:
Thats my plan to :)

I have done some voluntary work in a gym so thats on my CV along with a refrence

I know another manager of a gym has also offered some voluntary work when im a few months into my course

Good luck with it mate, we will have to keep eachother posted on how were getting on :)
good look to you to bud! :) and yeah will be keeping in touch realy carnt wait to get started now.

also think i might look in to asking my gym wer i go see if theirs any voluntery work their even if its couple of hours after my work at the min be a plus any way.

·
What the hell are macro's ?
143 Posts
yes mate done level 2 and 3, both basic don't let the theory side get on top of you, basic, muscle, bone , heart and body stuff, the exam is multiple choice with a pass rate of 85% , and the gym based stuff is very easy if you have got some training under your belt ...top tip there are some mock exams on line , i think i studied 3 i found and the exams i took ,most of the questions are combined on the 3. ...no worries :thumb:

·
Looking Freaky
648 Posts
Reading up on the bones, muscles, heart and lungs would probably help you the most mate. If you have a good grasp of exercises and technique youll be fine. Nothing too tricky at all. The practical exam was instructing a client through a workout that includes warm up, main component and cool down. It will include C.V and weights exercises. Nothing hard, but being followed around a gym for an hour by 2 examiners listening for mistakes wasnt fun. If your prepared for it though, youll be fine mate. :)

I did my lv2 fitness intructor, lv2 circut training and lv3 PT diploma back to back. Cost £850 i think for it all as i got it on half price offer. That included my first aid certificate as well.

·
attack on 2011
405 Posts
Level two is pants tbh, good stepping stone but you learn sweet f a about anything really. I'm currently doing my advanced personal trainer course through premier top notch and probably the best training provider in the country for fitness qualifications. Was three and a half grand though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.