UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
listen guys i have 2000euro spare cash lying about an dont want to **** it up against the wall ,

i was thinking of putting it into shares in the ftse is there anyone there who knows anything about the markets .

im prepared to wait 5 years on my return .someone told me that the markets r really low an this is the time to b putting money into them

·
Getting HUGE!
1,441 Posts
Stick in a tin under your bed...seriously the Banks are nowhere near out of the SH!T, and its going to get an awful lot worse in the city...The writing is on the wall I fear so keep your head down and your cash under the bed..."Remember Investments can dissapear as well as go up or down" there are no garauntees in the markets...

·
EFBB Winner
4,222 Posts
mrx ireland said:
listen guys i have 2000euro spare cash lying about an dont want to **** it up against the wall ,

i was thinking of putting it into shares in the ftse is there anyone there who knows anything about the markets .

im prepared to wait 5 years on my return .someone told me that the markets r really low an this is the time to b putting money into them
Do NOT invest money at this time! No matter who tells you what.

If you want more succint advice then PM and i'll say what i can, but don't waste your coin.

·
Gym Addict
188 Posts
If you don't already whack it in an isa in a secure bank. Probs best if you chose a bank who's already been nationalised though :p

·
8,379 Posts
I wouldn't bother with ISEQ as Ireland is officially in a recession and unless you're willing to take a big risk and wait a long time you're unlikely to see your money back. If you have €2k knocking about, put it in a high-interest savings account, but make sure it's a registered Irish bank like AIB or BOI as then your cash will be guaranteed - I don't think the govt has extended the guarantee to the likes of Ulster or National Irish yet.

·
.....train hard or fcuk off!!!
2,041 Posts
Either stick it in a high interest account with one of the big boys or srick it under your matress!! How can you invest when the banking industry don't know its ar$e from its elbow at the moment?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts