UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Test Enth with a few little blue hearts. MP65688
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, I work at the all mighty Holland & Barretts, the prices can't be beaten.... :lol:

Anyways, a large american company owns us amongst some pretty big firms (disney apparently, GNC, Julian Graves and a lot more...even met-rx ) I don't know how much is true lol.are

So GNC is branching up north finally (this means I can transfer to a sports store, where I will be much appreciated).

I've never seen nor have I bought anything from GNC (i've browsed their website and wasn't particularly impressed nor dissapointed). I've heard good things, but thats all from within the company lol.

So what are your views on GNC?

How do their prices, products and knowledge of products, training match up to?

I've been to a few big name stores in my area and asked;

"Do you sell any Taurine tabs or powder?"

"...erm, whats taurine :confused1:"

"What carb powders do you sell"

"We sell that weight gainer there, is that any good?"

"No, I want pure carbs such as oats, maltodextrin"

"Two seconds, i'll find someone who can help you with this"

"I dont know:lol:"

I wont even mention some of the answers i've heard within holland and barretts (fair dues, its not a sports orientated company but I have heard some silly answers to questoins).

"Whats the best product to lose weight and why?"

"Maximuscle thermobol"

"Why?"

"Its a strong stimulant"

"...and?"

"Its popular"

Seems that when i'm in a store working and a question related towards sports, i'm always passed too. Not good, considering I dont reccomened our products very well compared towards our other brands.

So whats your review on GNC!?

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
In my experience, they ask you to sign up to their membership which gives you "discount" on already over inflated prices, which are still expensive after the "discount". :lol:

·
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The company pushes for commissionable profit (they make a lot more as they don't pay out towards copmanies such as reflex bsn etc).

I hate pushing for sales all the time, its got to the point in holland barretts if your mystery shopped and forget to offer a magazine you get a disciplanary... :|

·
Kadampa.org
2,914 Posts
They have a shop in Leicester, handy if you just want to have a look what is new or a nice chat with very friendly sales rep.

I buy all my things online

·
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Khaos said:
the staff at the birmingham one haven't got a clue.....
I'll be goooood, I showed the training coordinator up for my sports course with HB.

He was how does creatine work?

So I gave him an answer I used for my diploma and we looked at me like :confused1: oh...well thats good, but in simple terms so evertyone else can understand...?

lol

·
Banned
829 Posts
zelobinksy said:
I'll be goooood, I showed the training coordinator up for my sports course with HB.

He was how does creatine work?

So I gave him an answer I used for my diploma and we looked at me like :confused1: oh...well thats good, but in simple terms so evertyone else can understand...?

lol
care to email me that essay?

·
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gambitbullet said:
care to email me that essay?
The one about the atp/atp-pc process?

inbox me with your email and i'll see if i can find it.

Wasn't that hard tbh (well looking at it now) lol,was quite long though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.