UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
longing for the 80s
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so ive just started my test E cycle and want to get the most out of my training im,currently training 4 sets of 10,upping the weight each set,i generally do 4 exercises per bodypart(am i over training?).

just wondering if i should change my routine to get the most out of the next 12 weeks,maybe upping the weight and lowering the rep range and maybe just do 3 exercises per bodypart?

any advice guys? :thumbup1:

·
Advanced Personal Trainer & Nutrition Advisor. Boa
3,527 Posts
what is your routine? are you getting stronger each sessions still mate? if still getting stronger each sessions then i would keep it all the same

are you still loving the training sessions? bored?

·
longing for the 80s
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just come off a keto,strengh did drop but was happy with the results in the mirror,to be honest i dont have a set routine,i change i from week to week.

as im back on a bulking diet now strength etc should increase,im justing wondering if i should change rep range/weight etc to make the most from my next few months of bulking.

as far as how i fell in the gym im still very much enjoying it,the only change being i now train before work about 7.00am

·
Newbie Trainer
16 Posts
i feel that following the same rep scheme in all workouts puts on a lethargy in your workouts especially if your routine is not set.

i would just tell how i do it so that you may find something out of it.

i train by instinct.

i split bodyparts and if it is a back day i workout only back on that day and so on.

but the rep and set scheme depends on how much i have recovered from previous workout and how i feel that day.

so if i am feeling strong.. i would directly go to dead lifts and lift as heavy as possible and then move on to other exercises.

if i feel that i am not 100% i would go for reps (high) and flush as much blood as possible. both ways i would come out of the gym with satisfaction ... either shear power or shear pump...

i know the brothers here would pump lots of opinions and you will have a lot of options...

And on coming back from a diet - i train only with light and moderate weights for a couple of weeks to allow my joints to recover completely and then i would hit them hard...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.