UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 286 Posts
G

·
i am getting either a ps3 or xbox 360 next week....

i have had a 360 before but sold it a while back, but now i wanna play pro evo/fifa again......

not really bothered for blu ray/hard drive/online play..... purely games....

need something sturdy as i am having it at work, where i live most of the time.

the xbox has a better controller and is half the price, but the ps3 will probably last a few years yet

what do you guys reckon

games i am interested in is

football

american football

call of duty (all of them)

fallout 3

any ideas, which should i get,

·
Looking Freaky
764 Posts
I prefer the PS3 controller, if the xbox had the ps3 controller, i'd probs get an xbox, but think im gonna go for a Ps3, can get it free with the new nokia phone in carphone warehouse, for £35 a month, i spend bout 30 quid a month on pay an go!

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
scousedaz said:
get ya self i hd lap top with a good gameing card and bobs ya uncel if ya not to fussed on r blu ray/hard drive/online play..... purely games.... thats ya best bet m8
I disagree, unless you are willing to spend 2k + on a laptop you will no where near get the gfx you will from an xbox. Take for example GOW on 360 and PC, imo the 360 looks much much better... I would much rather spend 1k on a HD TV and £220 on a 360 and achieve much better graphics... On the new chipsets/mb's and gfx cards coming out next year imo then they will be better, but the laptops will not have as much of the new tech(as imo they are always a little bit behind)

I will always go for 360 (yes I am a geek and have a ps3/xbox360/gaming pc) and am a 360 lover through and through. The fact 90% + of the games run at 1080p is a big + for me. The PS3 most games are 720p....

I like the achievement system on the 360, I know the PS3 has a trophy system now....

If I had to choose out of the two I would choose a 360 to be honest... I really cba debating which is better, why what when how... As this has been discussed on countless forums/magazines/interviews countless times and it all just boils down to personal preference...

G

·
i have already got a laptop and i prefer the ease of use of a console.

for example if i buy a ps3 tomorrow, and a game comes out in 3 years, it will work..... if i buy a laptop tomorrow and a game comes pout in 3 years, it probably wont work at its best

and yetiman i have always been quite anti sony, just havent rated their machines really, and due to the price difference i might just go for an xbox, seen as there are no ps3 exclusives i am bothered about

·
Sans Peur
3,973 Posts
bioshock was cool on the xbox - although it was out aaaages ago lol.

im waiting on GoW2 and now ive played the multiplayer Beta a bit - COD5 too... im not sure it'll stop me playing COD4 but its still cool.

Pompyman - buy an XBOX mate, PS3 may look better on paper but more and more then new titles are coming out for the xbox first and this is likely to continue to the point where then dont even bother with the release for the PS3 i think..

·
www.bodybuildingdepot.co. uk
9,170 Posts
Saints Row 2 is [email protected]

Postal 3 seems boring though it's lost my interest

"Mortal Kombat vs DC Comics" is going to be brilliant!!!

Pure is pretty good

Get the steering wheel. Dirt is pretty good on it. Others are a little too sensitive.

if you have a few mates around the following are good:

Facebreaker

Tiger Woods 09

·
Banned
5,243 Posts
TaintedSoul said:
Saints Row 2 is [email protected]

Postal 3 seems boring though it's lost my interest

"Mortal Kombat vs DC Comics" is going to be brilliant!!!

Pure is pretty good

Get the steering wheel. Dirt is pretty good on it. Others are a little too sensitive.

if you have a few mates around the following are good:

Facebreaker

Tiger Woods 09
you got a "special" box too?

1 - 20 of 286 Posts