UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Gym Addict
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right lads, im about 14 stone and carrying little bit more fat than id like but at 5'11" im stockyish. Ive been into weights for years but always been on and off (im 28 now).

I am training hard now with a good routine full of compound lifts etc.

I try to eat as best as i can but to be honest i am never going to be able to eat like a lot of you boys, just because i dont have the time or the dedication to be that strict with my diet.

Do you think its possible to train hard for say a couple of years 4 times a week with the odd cardio day thrown in and for me to get to say 15 - 16 stone of decent weight so that im in good shape. I appreciate i will never be ripped etc cos as i said i dont have the dedication with my diet.

I have porridge and protein shake for brekkie.

I will then couple hours later have poached eggs on toast.

I will chuck as much chicken and other protein down my neck as i can.

But like i say my diet isnt great, oh and i do enjoy the odd sesh on the beer.

So to summarise the waffle will i be able to make decent gains with a lot of effort in the gym and a half decent diet ????

Cheers

Lee:beer:

·
Gym Addict
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trickymicky69 said:
you can run a diesel car on cooking oil but its not gonna burn as clean is it?

see my point?
Yeah i appreciate what your saying mate.

Im just asking if people think you can make reasonable gains without being to the point of near obsession with what you eat and when you eat it etc.

ie can you make good gains - i know i will never be on stage competing or anything near that.

Im not saying my diet is crap, its just not as good as most on here.

·
EFBB Winner
3,850 Posts
Lee,you're 14 stone now and probably carrying 2 stone of lard?

so,effectively you'd be 12 stone lean and looking decent,as you put it :)

To gain another 3 or 4 stone(of quality)will be near impossible imo without an excellent diet/lifestyle PLUS the use of AAS.

So,again imo,the answer is no.

·
is realising, diet, traing, rest, supplements, 12
578 Posts
Imagine your goal was to run up a hill, but you were only using one leg ??? Think how much effort you would be piling in trying to get up that hill and think how far you'd get ? Now imagine walking up that hill with 2 legs, think how easier it is and how you would actually get there and then carry on to whereever you want to go.

Training is one leg, diet is the other. Its nieve to thinkyour diet isnt important. ( but dont forget sleep as thats VERY important to but didnt quite fit into my analergy ;o)

That said your current diet is a thousand times better than alot that get posted in here.

Get yoruself some fish oil tabs, they will help. No excuses to not making your food for the next day tho.

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
I dont see the point. You put in all the effort at the gym without a decent diet. Just think what you could do with a diet. I trained for ages in the beginning with no diet. As soon as I dieted the difference i made was unbelievable. I will never go back now.

·
6ft2 - 15st7
113 Posts
I was thinking about asking the same qeustion mate... cause u see the people with long jail sentences and they must have the worst diet possible, but still make big gains. Also, they must overtrain so much?

·
Newbie Trainer
94 Posts
Hey mate,

With reference to my own personal experiences... I got to 17 stone on a pretty poor diet to be fair, I was only eating 200g of protein a day and alot of ****, I was about 17% bf though so not lean but I didn't look too bad either, now you say you're not looking to be perfect so in my opinion it definately is attainable...

I mean i've improved my diet now I eat more regularly and include a lot more veg etc and I've upped my protein intake to about 250-300g per day however i'm yet to see any dramatic results...

Also, you must remember we're all different, my advice would be to give it a shot but put in your all for a few months, guage everything meticulously and then, if you're not gaining attempt to tweak your diet a little bit..it's all trial and error really...

·
EFBB Winner
3,996 Posts
i have to agree 100% with nearly everything said about diet here!!!

whats the point in doing something half heartedly or should i say 50%!!!

you sound like you want to do the training part/graft and work hard...but why not the diet...you dont have to be obsessed or be a pro bodybuilder or compete,just a few decent alterations!!!!

there's an old saying if you aint got time to brush your teeth,then you aint got time for the gym and vice versa!!!

no disrespect,but i just think your short-cutting yourself...and making it impossible for yourself to your goals,but simply putting into action a simple effort into your diet!!!!

maybe its a lifestyle thing,touch lazy,who cares....thats what your body will say too...if you dont care then your body will reflect this!!!!

nobody has to be a harcore bodybuilder or obsessed to drop some fat and gain some lean fat free mass!!!!

go the whole hog,you only live once or carry on with your stagnant gains!!!

·
Gym Addict
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys thanks for all your help, i have posted up my current diet in the diet section, could you please take a look and advise me on how i could improve as i really want to get this right. :thumbup1:

·
Gym Addict
99 Posts
I know loads of lads who have got massive and not paid attention to their diet. As has been said a million times, you're not gonna get as much benefit, but you'll definately see improve ment and get bigger. I doubt you'd get very ripped but you'll definately get bigger and stronger.

G

·
Of course you can as long as you have an calorie surplus.......will the gains be as lean no of course not but dont be fooled into thinking that all pros use a perfectly planned out off season diet.

G

·
sofresh said:
IMPOSSIBLE
I have had just about enough of your ****, you contribute nothing to bodybuilding threads if you want to post post in general your fvcking perfectly good threads up!

·
Poor Spectacle Choice
7,307 Posts
my diet is very plain.I do not cosume excessive amounts of protein. its virtually organic, especially the meat( both red and white)Just a fairly well balanced healthy diet, high on friut/veg and "good fats" Despite what you believe excess amounts of protein,is not required to build muscle.(im refering to natural here)the most important component is training hard.Ive gained 32lbs since last september.ive really average genetics, im old, and im natural.never taken a protein shake.if you train hard enough(and rest enough)only then is diet a factor.concentrate on that.its well known that the body will "rob" fat stores to compensate for defencies in diet , to maintain/build the body.

G

·
you are what you eat.

To be honest mate diets pretty easy to sort out, Yeah, if you try to nail it overnight youll probably fail, so little steps.

1st, make sure you eat breakfast, every day.

2nd, make your lunch before going to work or the night before. How hard is it to open a a couple of cans of tuna, cut a bit of lettuce and stick it in a box? or cook a bit of pasta the night before while your making dinner?

3rd, have a bag of nuts in your draw/glovebox/pocket

4th, sort your shopping

Its easy to change one thing, hard to change alot at once. youll still make gains easting pizza and chips, it just depends where you want to go with your body.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.